New Bully parent and need tips!

SpikesPapi

Feb 21, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike Mocoso Delgado
Good afternoon my fellow bulldog lovers!
I have a male English Bulldog named Spike who is 5 months old and 45lbs. I've had him since he was 2 months old 22lbs. I've never had a bulldog before and was just wondering what kind of food/supplements/treats/toys that will be good for him. He constantly gets "hives" which i treat with a low dosage of Benedryl. Other than that he is good with allergies and skin issues. He's still in his "boxer" stage but he's getting more and more gorgeous by the day. Please help me with any information because I want him to grow big and strong and healthy.

Respectfully
SpikesPapi!:D

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Good afternoon and welcome!

I give my Otis grizzly salmon oil in his dry food as supplement. Toy's - he loves deer antlers and balls, any soft toy is destroyed before we know it. I also give him broccoli, carrots and popcorn for treats. As far as food I just switched to California Natural Grain free kagaroo and lentils because I was having constant ear infections and this food has no potatoes, yeast and is low in protein (good for his weight)

Best of luck to you!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome! So glad you found us. I'm sure you will find so much great info here and lots to do. While you wait for answers, you can do a search for any topics you like. Go to top and look for search box with a little magnifying glass..type in what you need..hit search and read away!

Ummmmmm..We need pictures too! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

Hives == usually an insect bite or environmental issue, but it could also be a food sensitivity (chicken, grains, etc). What food are you currently feeding and what is the protein.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Welcome to EBN, glad you found us what are you feeding your pup? Many times they have food allergies that will cause things like hives.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.