Who adopted??

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Who's adopted??

I got married last Sept. 09, my husband ask me what I wanted for a wedding gift and I told him for my whole life I wanted an EB but was a single mother and could not afford the EB or the health problems I knew they could have. My sons are adults so it is just my husband and I. We started looking at breeders and low and behold one week later there was an ad on Craigslist for a 4 month old. I contacted the ad, met with the owner (who was only an hour and half away from us) who was a young businessman and poor Vegas was left in his crate sometimes over 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Thank god he was kind enough to know he could not do it. I was not working and did not work for the first 3 months we bought him ( now I only work 20 hrs a week) (and still not exactly cheap) I literally had to teach Vegas how to play and be a puppy!! I am just curious as to who adopted on this site??

Last edited:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Hmm idk if i could call in adopting. i too found Mr.Beefy on craigslist well his owner found me. I posted an ad on CL looking for a deaf bully and the guy contacted me stating he didnt have a deaf one but he had one that needed a home. Recently divorced , working and going to school he said he did not have the time to care for a female he had and wanted her picked up that day. Well i couldnt since i was in GA at the time so he found another home. 3 weeks later he called and and said he has another bully this one a male that he would hold him until I could come take him home, he seemed very sincere and upset but understood that "bruitis" Mr.Beefy's old name needed more attention.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Damn the spelling in that post shows that wine and spelling does not mix, heyyy it is Sat. night and I am home.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
LOL I am willing to bet your not a boring person on a Saturday night :D

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I've adopted all mine. LeRoy is a puppy-mill rescue puppy and China I rescued when she was 5. Someone cut her ears and tail off- my vet thinks with scissors. She had been bred with pit bulls. And Norm we just adopted a few months ago. He's 5.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I've adopted all mine. LeRoy is a puppy-mill rescue puppy and China I rescued when she was 5. Someone cut her ears and tail off- my vet thinks with scissors. She had been bred with pit bulls. And Norm we just adopted a few months ago. He's 5.

[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION] Someone cut China's ears and tail off with scissors??? >.<:eek: OMG that has to be the worse thing I have EVER heard!!!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
LOL I am willing to bet your not a boring person on a Saturday night :D

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], LOL, just ask my husband, after two glasses I don't shut up!! and on top of that I am A.D.D., so he has to work very hard to keep up with all I have to say!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We were applying to adopt but found Gracie, who needed a family badly, before the adoption process got going. So No, we didnt adopt but are soooooo happy Gracie adopted us. :)

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
We adopted our first two dogs. Both were at 9 weeks. We purchased Bear at 9 weeks from a reputable breeder about 2 hours from us. We always thought we would adopt but the research I did didn't lead me to a rescue or otherwise. We are absolutely open to adopting an EB. Bear needs a playmate, lol.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], I'm ADD too, lol. My hubby can sympathize with yours. :whistle:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Love to adopt when I can spend more time at home. I read adoptees need someone who's home most of the day at first so they can adjust well.

I'm now thinking adopting bullies will be my thing when I retire ... and I don't even have kids yet. lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online