Thread: Pet Insurance??

Real Name
    Jeremiah
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Madam Lola Grace
    Likes (Received)

Wink Pet Insurance??

Does anyone carry insurance???? If so what company??? Something I saw on the health agreement.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kaida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pet Insurance??

We have Embrace pet insurance for Kaida. They've been great!

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

We have Trupanion and I just got sent an email that my premiums are going up almost a year to the date from when I signed up. We have never even made a claim. When I was researching quite a few people had said this happens to them pretty much every year. I don't know first hand how they are to deal with for a claim though, knock on wood. We may be insurance shopping again...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ike
    Likes (Received)

We have Trupanion, they have been great, I am not sure about the premiums going up each year, they cover accidents which is nice when Ike broke his toe. for the first 30 days if you sign up for the trial, there is no deductible, and they pay 90%. They pay fairly quickly, they are nice to deal with, when you call t you do get a machine asking if you are current or prospective client, after that you go right to a live person who has always been nice, helpful and willing to answer all of my questions.
    They do not pay for wellness type stuff shots/visits that type of thing, also we did take all the extra coverage including the dysplacia add on.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer, Hannah and Mia
    Likes (Received)

I have Embrace for Hannah and have used it several times and they are quick to pay and really keep you updated. They have paid for 2 eye surgeries, spaying, and laceration repair.

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry
    Likes (Received)

I currently have Trupanion. They have been good so far. I've only made 1 small claim which went towards my deductable. I may switch to Embrace if they raise my premium after 1 year any more than 10%.

Real Name
    Shannon
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leroy
    Likes (Received)

I read somewhere on this forum about an insurance company called "Healthy Paws", the rates seem reasonable for an 80/20 plan. The key though is (also another thing I read on this site) is when selecting the breed select "Bulldog" or "American Bulldog" b/c if you select "English Bulldog the premium is twice as high! I still haven't signed up yet but I am seriously considering using this company for Leroy. It seems like every time I turn around there is some kind of issue!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have VPI and have since Samson was a baby, they have always been really great but yeah premiums go up every year by a couple bucks.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

We have Trupanion..it did go up a lot after the first year. And I have never had a claim. I just received an email from them yesterday and this year my premium will be the same. They are an excellent company but will raise rates after that first year.

You might want to do a search here for more threads. We have had some great discussions on Pet Insurance here. Some of the past ones have lots of great info!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

I have PetPlan for Otis and have used twice with no issues. So far, so good.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Remove Ads