Pet Insurance??

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
We have Trupanion and I just got sent an email that my premiums are going up almost a year to the date from when I signed up. We have never even made a claim. When I was researching quite a few people had said this happens to them pretty much every year. I don't know first hand how they are to deal with for a claim though, knock on wood. We may be insurance shopping again...

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
We have Trupanion, they have been great, I am not sure about the premiums going up each year, they cover accidents which is nice when Ike broke his toe. for the first 30 days if you sign up for the trial, there is no deductible, and they pay 90%. They pay fairly quickly, they are nice to deal with, when you call t you do get a machine asking if you are current or prospective client, after that you go right to a live person who has always been nice, helpful and willing to answer all of my questions.
They do not pay for wellness type stuff shots/visits that type of thing, also we did take all the extra coverage including the dysplacia add on.

Hannah

Dec 16, 2012
Las Vegas
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer, Hannah and Mia
I have Embrace for Hannah and have used it several times and they are quick to pay and really keep you updated. They have paid for 2 eye surgeries, spaying, and laceration repair.

kevi204

Nov 6, 2012
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry
I currently have Trupanion. They have been good so far. I've only made 1 small claim which went towards my deductable. I may switch to Embrace if they raise my premium after 1 year any more than 10%.

sstewart2010

Dec 10, 2012
Garden City, Michigan, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy
I read somewhere on this forum about an insurance company called "Healthy Paws", the rates seem reasonable for an 80/20 plan. The key though is (also another thing I read on this site) is when selecting the breed select "Bulldog" or "American Bulldog" b/c if you select "English Bulldog the premium is twice as high! I still haven't signed up yet but I am seriously considering using this company for Leroy. It seems like every time I turn around there is some kind of issue!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have Trupanion..it did go up a lot after the first year. And I have never had a claim. I just received an email from them yesterday and this year my premium will be the same. They are an excellent company but will raise rates after that first year.

You might want to do a search here for more threads. We have had some great discussions on Pet Insurance here. Some of the past ones have lots of great info!

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I have PetPlan for Otis and have used twice with no issues. So far, so good.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.