Interesting article about Nail Trimming on a Scatchboard/Sand Paper.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
A week ago I came across an interesting article on trimming your pooches nails. It's for those of us that are squeamish, and explains how to make your own scratch board, or just purchase sandpaper. Specifically the "3m Safety Walk Coarse Stair Thread".
It's also supposed to be very easy to train them as the digging motion is something dogs do naturally.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I'm thinking of trying it..

If anyone's interested in the article, just let me know and I'll message you the link.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Let us know if it works. We just use the clippers and Dremel.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
This is really interesting. It's not so much that I'm squeamish, it's just that Remi won't sit still for a full second. (So I guess that makes me nervous to cut directly into the quick)

BUT because of that I can't see him letting me file him for 10 minutes. I'm going to try to get him while he's sleeping... wish me luck HAHAH!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
A week ago I came across an interesting article on trimming your pooches nails. It's for those of us that are squeamish, and explains how to make your own scratch board, or just purchase sandpaper. Specifically the "3m Safety Walk Coarse Stair Thread".
It's also supposed to be very easy to train them as the digging motion is something dogs do naturally.

Has anyone ever heard of this? I'm thinking of trying it..

If anyone's interested in the article, just let me know and I'll message you the link.

I'd like to try this on dear old Jack,

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.