Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - I have the Petco brand life jacket, when I got mine, I had to have them right then that day because we were on the way to the lake. I did a lot of research on the Outward Hound and that is what I would have bought had I not needed them same day ... but I will say I am pleased with the Petco Brand jacket, they worked very well and kept but my precious babies afloat!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Definitely getting a couple for summertime! What kind did you get? Where? Recommendations?
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] has some nice ones -- I've seen pics on here.

Part of the wait on this was not wanting to buy an another one because Bo keeps GROWING. I think he's done now. I hope so. LOL He certainly tips waaaayyyy past the limit for the complex I live in. Fortunately, he's better behaved them the snarly little barkers that are "less than 40 lbs".

I've seen some really nice ones at Petsmart/Petco. I get mine from Ruff Wear. Wilson doesn't really need one from there but Jack does since he's on the boat. We've used this brand for 10+ years now. Workmanship is outstanding in them. Emma does really good in hers. Wilson could use a less stiff brand though. He looks like the Michcelin Man stuff into a girdle. :ROFL: :ROFL:

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - I have the Petco brand life jacket, when I got mine, I had to have them right then that day because we were on the way to the lake. I did a lot of research on the Outward Hound and that is what I would have bought had I not needed them same day ... but I will say I am pleased with the Petco Brand jacket, they worked very well and kept but my precious babies afloat!

When I go get Bea's, I'm going to have to take her in to get fitted. She's built like a fire hydrant. The Petco ones might work better for her since they are lighter weight and more flexible (Re: Jeannie's comment about Wilson's below. Makes sense!)

I've seen some really nice ones at Petsmart/Petco. I get mine from Ruff Wear. Wilson could use a less stiff brand though. He looks like the Michcelin Man stuff into a girdle. :ROFL: :ROFL:

I use Ruff Wear martingale style collars. I toss them into the washer/dryer at bath time and they come out as shiny and new as the dogs wearing them.

I can't wait to see them really SWIMMING!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i got sarahs and the boys from petsmart as i needed them right then. the boys love love them and i dont have to worry bout them swimming out and drowning as we were all busy camping and stuff and they were all over the place. sarah however is not as enamoured with the water. i have taken her out with her vest and she just swims back to shore and gets out and glares at me. i keep trying though. bea and bo look great. :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
When I go get Bea's, I'm going to have to take her in to get fitted. She's built like a fire hydrant. The Petco ones might work better for her since they are lighter weight and more flexible (Re: Jeannie's comment about Wilson's below. Makes sense!)

I use Ruff Wear martingale style collars. I toss them into the washer/dryer at bath time and they come out as shiny and new as the dogs wearing them.

I can't wait to see them really SWIMMING!

these are some pictures of the life jackets I have:

100_0523.jpg Molly really loved playing in the water and the vest kept her afloat without worry!
100_0526.jpg Diesel played in the water more then I thought he would and the life jacket didn't seem to be to uncomfortable for him.
100_0544.jpg All in all, they held them up, they don't seem to be uncomfortable, they were able to move and have fun while wearing them, so I say :2thumbs:.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
i got sarahs and the boys from petsmart as i needed them right then. the boys love love them and i dont have to worry bout them swimming out and drowning as we were all busy camping and stuff and they were all over the place. sarah however is not as enamoured with the water. i have taken her out with her vest and she just swims back to shore and gets out and glares at me. i keep trying though. bea and bo look great. :)

That's cause she doesn't think the life jacket matches her hoodie. :)

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Ooooo! Great floatie stories! Oh weeeeeeeeeee are gonna have some Fun! Fun! FUN! this summer.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How do you guys find the backpacks for your bullies tiring out and getting too hot? I have always wanted to try one out but Tonka overheating has scared me :S

I was thinking that perhaps one could also put some of those cooling gel packs or a neck band on it too to eliminate that problem if it arose.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.