Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here can give me some information regarding the Kuranda dog beds. I have two, one year old EBs, and they are both crate trained at night and when we aren't home. I had two nice pillows for them to lie on that I bought at Homesense, and two really soft nice blankets, but we very quickly found out they eat, tear, chew, and swallow anything that is soft, so they have been lying on the plastic tray when in the crate. When they are out during the day and in the evenings with us, they will lay on their pillows, and we supervise them with the pillows. I feel bad that they have to lay on the hard plastic, it can't be very comfortable. I have read on here that some people have a Kuranda bed, and that they are supposed to be bully proof, and chew proof. I looked at them on line, and they look nice and comfy, easy to clean, and are reasonably priced. My question is for those of you who have one, or have had experience with them, are they bully proof, and chew proof? Do they stand up to bullies and their weight? I also saw that there are different materials, which one is the most durable? Are they worth the money? And are there any negative issues with them? Any help or information good or bad would be appreciated.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
I purchased the Kuranda for Zeus and my granddog, Dexter. Neither of them have chewed on them and love to sleep on them. I think they have one with shorter legs than you can put in a crate. The ones I have are used in the living area so they can sleep there when we are all in the den. I do not use them in their crates because they use a blanket in their crates and do not chew them. Neither of them tend to chew, but the Kurandas would be difficult to chew. That is just my opinion! I hope this helps in your decision.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I purchased the Kuranda for Zeus and my granddog, Dexter. Neither of them have chewed on them and love to sleep on them. I think they have one with shorter legs than you can put in a crate. The ones I have are used in the living area so they can sleep there when we are all in the den. I do not use them in their crates because they use a blanket in their crates and do not chew them. Neither of them tend to chew, but the Kurandas would be difficult to chew. That is just my opinion! I hope this helps in your decision.

I went on pintrest and found the directions on how to make them.. Wish BF would get off his butt and get them made...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We have the Coolaroo's but they can chew on them. If I had to do it over I would buy the Kuranda bed because they can not chew on the fabric as easily. But my bullies love the Coolaroo though.

Lisa Davis

Sep 2, 2012
Council Bluffs, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus and Atlas
my dogs have a coolaroo and they love it and have not chewed on it. I wish they made one with bolsters on the sides cuz Max likes to lay with his head up but Atlas sprawls out on his side and hangs his head off the edge:tongue:

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.