I finally got Bertie on the scale!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
OK, so I have been straining to pick Bertie up and put her in my car and then a few weeks ago I also had trouble trying to pick her up at the groomers...she actually felt like she weighed 60-70lbs.

So today I finally think about it and wrestle to put her on a scale...She only weighs 35lbs! I must really be out of shape! Bertie is a very small English Bulldog, it seems like she stopped growing and just started getting rounder!

I guess that I will stop worrying about her weight now and I will have to start working out! :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The funny thing is when you lift them they don't help or push against you they feel like they are 75lbs! Or their legs get all stiff LOL I laugh just thinking about it. They definitely FEEL heavier than they are!

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
That is too funny.She is a petite little girl I LOVE the tiny bullies. I have to pick up Beefy and Georgia for their baths...Beefy weighs in at 70lbs and Georgia 100lbs, needless to say my back is crooked for the next hour or so when i'm done lol Baby Joe is the light weight at 55lbs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] When I pick Maggie up all four legs go completely stiff ..... it's really funny!!

[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] We had Daddy at the vets on the afternoon we picked him up ... he's 10.5lbs already at 10 weeks!! I carried him around PetSmart to get him a collar and after a few minutes I had to give him to my husband to carry round .... 10lbs of dead weight is a lot to carry around a store!!! AND I already work out and lift weights so that's even worse!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.