I've created a monster!!!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Well....not really a monster, but more like a bulldog that's so spoiled rotten that she reeks of spoiled rottenness. We've started to let Ellie sleep in the bed on the weekends and so far, she's done great. It took her a few nights to realize that the bed wasn't a giant bounce house with 2 cats and two people on it, but now she's laying down and well on her way to sleep within a few minutes of turning the lights out and she makes it through the whole night. We let her sleep in the bed Sunday and Monday night this week and my subconscious side kept waking up every 30 minutes to check on her and I slept horribly. So the past 2 nights, I've let her sleep in her crate and I haven't so much as budged once the lights go out. But every night this week around 8:00-8:30, Ellie has went over to the gate just outside of the bedroom, sat down, stares into the bedroom, whines, then lays down at the gate, and finally comes back into the great room and proceeds to be very restless and fight any attempt to lay down on the love seat like she used to. This happens a few times until around 10:30. This is the face that we get several times a night....:pouting::pouting::pouting::pouting::pouting:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You horrid cruel pawrents!!! How can you do that to that poor, loving, innocent, baby.??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I agree with [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] :lol:

Meeko sleeps on the bed the nights daddy is in work. It took him a little while to learn but he now knows he will check if Daddy is in the bed and if he isnt Meeks will jump into Daddys space and snore all night .. If daddy is in bed Meeko sleeps in his own bed that is next to our bed in our bedroom.

Maybe you need something a specific routine that will help Ellie to know when she is allowed to sleep on the bed rather than certain days. Im trying to think of something but my brains shut down at the moment... Or maybe so you get a better night sleep let Ellie sleep in your room rather than on ur bed X

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
MEAN, mean, mean.... just mean.... :giggle:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Sounds to me you need to let her back in bed. ;) you will never sleep perfect but you do get used to it. Cutty goes under the covers many times a night, meaning he digs next to me until I lift them up for him. I do this in my sleep now so it hardly bothers me anymore. :lol:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
lol; I have a ten year old daughter Amber sleeps with so no worries for me. Amber has one side of the bed and Kristana has the other, but onl ywhen the lights are off. If the lights are on Amber is banished fromt he bedroom until it is time to sleep because she destroys Kristana things. As you can imagine, a ten year old has lots of goodies a bully whats to explore. lol

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
I know.....I'm a mean ol' bully dad but until that little fur ball gets a job to pay the bills, my good nights sleep comes first. :tease:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I know the feeling!! He hogs the bed and the remote..and he has terrible gas!
135.jpg

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't think you're a bad bully mommy, but she has slept in your bed, and now is used to it so that's where she wants to be. If your sleep is affected then your day and work is also affected because your not well rested. My 2 are both crate trained and they don't mind sleeping in the crate, they are used to it. I cant have them sleeping in my bed for 2 reasons, one is i have two dogs, and there wouldn't be enough room, plus they shed, and it would make my bed very itchy with the hairs. They will sleep wherever they are trained to, or where they are used to sleeping, so if you crate train, she will get used to that, and if you want to have her in your room, but not necessarily in your bed, you could put a dog bed, or pillow on the floor beside your bed, so she will be close to you. She isn't going to understand that she can sleep one or two nights a week, and not the other nights, so maybe beside your bed is the solution. There is no right or wrong answer as to where your dog sleeps, it's whatever works for you, and what you feel comfortable with.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon sleeps with us on occasion but only when he is totally exhausted other wise he gets up in the middle of the night and walks around the bed. He will get sad if he's been up there a few days in a row he will have a sad when going back to his crate then.

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pete has kicked Pan out of the bedroom because his snoring keeps Pan up all night. (I say it just gives me the snoring in stereo) So when Pete leaves for work in the morning he lets Pan in to snuggle with me - its my favorite part of the morning!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So funny, once you give them a taste of the good stuff, they can never go back!!! I remember this with Gio, when we first adopted him we kept him in his crate for a week. Then one night I was too tired to bring him down to his crate and let him sleep on the bed, I tried the next night to put him in his crate and he was not having it. Two days later we took the crate down and we haven't used it since!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
You big meanie! Think of how Ellie's feeling :*(

lol! Would it be possible to let her sleep in your room but on a bed of her own?

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
You big meanie! Think of how Ellie's feeling :*(

lol! Would it be possible to let her sleep in your room but on a bed of her own?

I think she'd destroy any kind of bed like she has up to this point. Plus for her to be as small of an EB as she is, can jump from the ground onto the bed with no problem, so I doubt she'd stay on any bedding unless she was in a crate. I think she enjoys our bed because every night that she's slept in it, she's been right between the wife and I and enjoys that "comfort" of having us there.

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Benedict sleeps with me every night and when I travel my mother doggy sits and he sleeps with her, he snores, farts like there's no tomorrow, he's a great sleeper on the weekends he can sleep until 9-10 am witch I love. He sleeps right next to me on his pillow he has a bear his girl friend JLo that sleeps with him on the other side. I have a king size bed so there's room for all of us, we have a routine as soon as I turn of the light and the fan he knows is time to go night night. :pray2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.