Am i in the wrong?!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
We move house in 4 weeks and im worried about it being stressful for Meeko.
We then go on holiday abroad for a week end of April (9 weeks away) and Meeko will be staying with either my mum or sister.

Then my partners mum and his younger sister (age 13) are going to stay in a caravan for a week at the end of august and wanted me my partner and baby to stay with them for the week. I have said to my partner he can go with the baby but as Meeko cant go (its a disability caravan that lets sick/disabled children go there to stay for a break) i want to stay home with Meeko because I dont think its fair to leave him another time. But he is saying he will be fine with family again for a week.

Needless to say its caused arguments ! So i would like opinions Am i in the wrong or is he?

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
such a hard decision, I know how you feel!! I hate to leave my fur-babies but family time is important too :) I am actually leaving my babies in April to see my son gratuated from Boot Camp will be hard and I will worry about them but I'm sure they will be just fine.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I would have to agree. I think it will be fine to leave him with your mom again.

Nobody loves their babies more than me and I know this will probably be and unpopular opinion but at the end of the day, they are just pets. As much as we love them, skin family comes first. Your mom loves him and will take excellent care of him in your absence. GO! Enjoy the time with your family while you can and just imagine the butt wiggles and sloppy kisses you will get when you come back. :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
He will be fine, especially since you are leaving him with a family member. We had to board Bacon twice in the fall a few weeks apart and felt so bad but he was fine.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree, you should go. Unless there is a medical reason not to leave meeko then don't worry so much. The first few times we left our pups I was soooo sad and anxious etc... But I know they get a good spoiling time now so even tho they miss us, they enjoy their vacation too.

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Oooh im just so nervous and feel guilty lol. Im more nervous because my mum works 8-5 mon to fri and meekos used to having people home all day with him. Also mum has just got a cat and Meeko hasnt met cats yet so hoping itl be ok. Im such a worrier x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The trips/seperation are far enogh apart that he will be fine....... gotta say, if I were you, I'd be thinking the same thing and wanting to stay home if he can't go along. But, all will be OK....

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
They learn to adapt. The younger they experience this the better. Your cutie will be fine.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
I hated leaving Jenna also...but I think she has a good time when she vacations...I'm fortunate enough to have family that will gladly take her...she goes to my daughters and has a 2 & 4 year to play with her or a sister in law who has 2 dogs...she is excited to see me when I get back but she seems to enjoy staying with her sitters...I'm just happy I don't have to board her...

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
One thing u got to remember if YOU don't stress out over moving Meeko won't!!!!!! We moved when porky was 5 months old I was excited to move (26 living with my mom n dad kinda sucked lol) honestly I never even thought how shed be n she was fine other than my fiancé losing her for an hour lol she was great!!!!!! Second thing ur gunna miss him more than hell miss u lmao as long as they get, attention, love, kisses, n food they r happy with anyone :) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online