Kids clothes?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I remember reading a while back to buy childrens clothes for a cheaper alternative to doggie outfits, but what size would you recommend for a full grown 45 pound bully? And do you have to make alterations, bc I'm not looking to sew really at all, I'd rather just buy dog clothes if that's the case... I'm thinking about hitting up the resale shop :D

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I thought I remembered reading something about using the boys husky line from Old Navy :confused:

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I thought I remembered reading something about using the boys husky line from Old Navy :confused:

What size do you think?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
This doesn't really work. Even with the barrel-chested bullies, the distance from the arm holes to the chest is still significantly less than the distance from the spine to the armholes therefore, the shirt will sag down the middle and you'll have to cut it and re-saw it. Then you'll have to taper the shirt or put elastic around the belly otherwise, the bully would just wiggle out of it.

You can either buy from the Pet Store for a bully-sized dog outfit, sew one of your own from old shirts, or ask [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] to special design one for your bully. She sometimes auctions the shirts out.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It's a personal preference of mine but I prefer to stabilize the necks (with twill tape or seam binding) of most store bought items to keep them from stretching out. Without doing that we have had outfits stretch so much that HRH just walked out of them. I also stabilize the necks of all the custom clothes I make.
I got her one 4T T shirt and still had to stabilize the neck and take a tuck in the belly because it fit her shoulders ok, but was huge around the belly. She's a trim 40 lbs though.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
For some reason, I seem to always miss the auctions with LariP's fleece hoodies. One day I will make it, I hope. Otherwise, maybe she will begin to offer them for sale by ordering from her. Hers are the best that I have seen!!

D

DaisyBulldog

IMG_4433.jpgHere is a picture of my Daisy wearing an adorabull little dress I found at Goodwill for 99 cents. Size 3T, and she is 47 pounds. :yes: I have also bought skirts and a tutu for her, the sizing varies between the 3 and 6, depending on the elasticity and fit.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
View attachment 38345Here is a picture of my Daisy wearing an adorabull little dress I found at Goodwill for 99 cents. Size 3T, and she is 47 pounds. :yes: I have also bought skirts and a tutu for her, the sizing varies between the 3 and 6, depending on the elasticity and fit.

OMG that is the cutest picture!!! She is so darn cute :drawheart:. I really want a girl bully to dress up and paint her toes nails :D

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm thinking about hitting up goodwill today anyways...so ill stop on the toddler clothing department

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
View attachment 38345Here is a picture of my Daisy wearing an adorabull little dress I found at Goodwill for 99 cents. Size 3T, and she is 47 pounds. :yes: I have also bought skirts and a tutu for her, the sizing varies between the 3 and 6, depending on the elasticity and fit.

OMG! I think there's a tutu in Mabel's future! My husband will have a stroke!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee

So stinkin cute!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.