Help, I habe forgotten what to do,.,,,

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So we have had our new pup for a few days now. She does great throughout the day, other than pee and pooping 550 times per day. She barks and whines all night every night. Shes even hoarse now :( shes spoiled and if she is in bed w us shes fine,. But I want her to learn to sleep in her crate first. Any ideas?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Don't take her out for any reason lol

They are smart and know how to get what they want ;)

Schedule intervals for potty breaks. Like 2 am, 5 am. Only take her out at those times (hopefully she won't be awake)

When she cries, go to her crate, stick your fingers in but don't take her out. Do this only at random times, not each time she cries. You can also drape a blanket over her crate to signal sleep time. Only give food and treats in the crate, make it a happy place. Never scold her for accidents in her crate ( until she's older and potty trained).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Welcome to he Puppy phase nightmare. Its sorta like giving birth. You forget the pain and several years later do it again lol. I dont have any advise because with our lab we broke down and now we have a 100 lbs lab sleeping with us on our bed. We are trying to stay firm with Fergus so he sleeps in his crate next to our bed the first 2 days was difficult. but I made sure to get him real tired during the day then I would sit with him in front of his crate until he gets sleepy. I dont play with him just pet him non stop. He hates being petted when he is trying to sleep so he crawls away from me and goes into his crate to get away from my annoying petting :rolleyes:. If he does wake up I make sure to sit in front of his crate so he knows I am there. He has slept thru the night without waking up now for 3 weeks straight. My husband and I only wake up now because of his really loud snoring :crazy: or his stinky farts :fart:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Going through the puppy phase also and it does send you for a loop! I am lucky because both my girls took to their crates pretty easy! Lucy did whine a little bit but I put her crate right next to my bed so she could see me and I could reach down and touch her if I needed to. Now she is on a schedule and only whines in the night when she has to potty. I have never taken her out when she is crying! When she stops crying I reach down and give her some love so now she knows. It is a hard process just keep telling yourself this to shall pass!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
^^^^^^^^^^^ what they all said :) :) hee hee congrats ! takes LOTS and LOTS of pictures and Videos! they dont stay little very long! Gizmo just turned 3 last week, and Hershey turns 1 in a few weeks already!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
+1 what Lisa said.

Or you can just get another bulldog puppy to keep him company. :D

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Oh no, she our last for a long time, lol. We now have 3 dogs...lol. thats more than enough for me. I just felt so bad that she was hoarse. Cant even whine now. See im a sucker, I put her in my bed at 4 am.....I know. Im gonna try her kennel in my room tonight. Wish me luck. I feel like I have a newborn again....lack of sleep.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

No members online now.