English Bulldog struggling with little kids

stout101

Feb 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebbs
Hello! my wife and I have had a English Bulldog for just over a year now! we got him when he was 5 weeks old and we spoil him rotten! hes very friendly with other dogs and other adults. HOWEVER, he is SOOO excited when he sees other people it sometimes makes them nervous, he's not aggressive at all, but just wants to play. This has become a big problem with little children, he normally knocks them down, makes them cry ect.
Does anyone have the same problem? and if so any suggestions on how we can help? its almost like he wants to play but then he lunges at them quickly knocking them down..

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hello! my wife and I have had a English Bulldog for just over a year now! we got him when he was 5 weeks old and we spoil him rotten! hes very friendly with other dogs and other adults. HOWEVER, he is SOOO excited when he sees other people it sometimes makes them nervous, he's not aggressive at all, but just wants to play. This has become a big problem with little children, he normally knocks them down, makes them cry ect.
Does anyone have the same problem? and if so any suggestions on how we can help? its almost like he wants to play but then he lunges at them quickly knocking them down..

well he's not going to do this on his own, you must train him to restrain himself and sit. stay and lay

OP
S

stout101

Feb 25, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebbs
He actually does a really good job with that, he always sits at our commands and stays. However, if little kids around hes so excited he starts whining and wont listen to our commands.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Try placing him on lead and training him not to lunge/jump with correction. i had to do this as part of Banks training when she was a pup.... always on leash/lead in the house when company was coming. She LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEESSSS kids and did exactly what you described.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.