Ruggles Has Started Eating Buster's Poop!!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Yesterday I noticed that Buster's potty pad had slobber and traces of poop on it. So today I watched Ruggles like a hawk and sure enough he was cleaning up after Buster. Other than the gross part of it, Buster eats lamb and brown rice, and Ruggles is allergic to both lamb and rice. Am I correct to assume that there is still lamb and rice after Buster has processed it? Ruggles has never eaten dog poop before--he has horse, deer, and cat poop. Other than beat Ruggles to to it any suggestions? Does Ruggles think he is Buster's mama? Will he quit eating his poop when the puppy gets older? This is so gross, I cleaned poop off Ruggles' chin today!!!

Attachments

• 20130224_073158.jpg
    20130224_073158.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 157

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm thinking its just a temporary thing and he will quite after awhile.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
aww maybe he's parenting...don't the mothers do that when they are babies?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
There's something in Buster's food that Ruggles finds quite yummy. Wilson has been getting ahold of Jack's food when I put them all on the same flavor of food not long ago, it was a higher protein. He hasn't eaton it that I've been able to tell in the last week or so. I'm so used to cleaning crap out of Wilson's mouth it doesn't phase me now. If Ruggles never did this before with Mack's food, I'm willing to bet it's what's in Buster's food and once you change it as he grows it should stop.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree that there's something in the poop that he likes, or is appealing to him, because when my dogs were young, I switched their food 4 times before I found a food that they both could tolerate, and the first food that we tried was Go Natural. Blossom being allergic to chicken got a reaction to it, but Dozer started to eat his own poop. He had never done this before, and when I asked the vet, she said that the food was too rich for him, as it had too many fruits in it, and that made it taste good or appealing to him. When I switched his food the behaviour stopped. They are on Fromms Beef since they were 7 months old, and are both doing good on this food.

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
@babybully I'm going out of town for a week so won't feed Buster pineapple until I get back. I'll let you know!

Ruggles hasn't got any poop so far today, but he is obviously looking for it.

Last edited:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Yesterday I noticed that Buster's potty pad had slobber and traces of poop on it. So today I watched Ruggles like a hawk and sure enough he was cleaning up after Buster. Other than the gross part of it, Buster eats lamb and brown rice, and Ruggles is allergic to both lamb and rice. Am I correct to assume that there is still lamb and rice after Buster has processed it? Ruggles has never eaten dog poop before--he has horse, deer, and cat poop. Other than beat Ruggles to to it any suggestions? Does Ruggles think he is Buster's mama? Will he quit eating his poop when the puppy gets older? This is so gross, I cleaned poop off Ruggles' chin today!!!

:lmaogirl: you just made my day, I'm sorry, I just busted a gut and read this out loud to my husband and could hardly contain myself. :laugh:

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] glad you got a good laugh! Ruggles got no puppy poop yesterday but he was looking for it. GROSS!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.