Possibly a stupid question

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
There is no such thing as a stupid question right? Well I searched the previous posts and couldn't findything so now I have to ask...

Mack is allergic to poultry...chicken, duck, turkey...I've had a really hard time getting him to chew anything other than rope toys...

So I bought a nylabone that came with a nutradent green thing...not really planning on giving him the green thing bc it seems small enough that he might try to swallow it, unless you guys think its ok?

But here's the stupid question...its chicken flavored...do you think it will bother his poultry allergy? I didn't notice until I already gave it to him and he LOVES it... I feel like antlers are soooo expensive and its likely he wouldn't be interested anyways seeing as I've tried so many other chew toys...

Help!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it should be okay, because its only "flavored". I doubt it has any chicken in it. Just keep an eye out for any reactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Kahnefan5

Dec 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian & Thatcher RIP--Cutter 12/01/2003-04/06/2012 & Tug 07/03/2006-07/19/2010
There are know stupid questions :-) It is possible that it could cause a reaction for Mack. We bought the arcadia antlers for our EBD and our Olde English Bullddogge, not knowing how they would like them as the both prefer rope chews and they both love them, yes they are expensive, but they have been chewing on them since early November and have not even made a dent in them, they are well worth the money, we bought different sizes, but our EBD likes the "button" sizes best and they are bigger than they look online as I was worried about him choking on them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You should be OK.... Banks has a high sensitivity to chicken and she has been chewing on 'chicken flavored' nylabones for years -- never an issue

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Thanks guys! I knew I could get answers from you!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I think it will be fine, and I would not give him the green thing, possible chocking hazard.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
There are know stupid questions :-) It is possible that it could cause a reaction for Mack. We bought the arcadia antlers for our EBD and our Olde English Bullddogge, not knowing how they would like them as the both prefer rope chews and they both love them, yes they are expensive, but they have been chewing on them since early November and have not even made a dent in them, they are well worth the money, we bought different sizes, but our EBD likes the "button" sizes best and they are bigger than they look online as I was worried about him choking on them.

That's what I thought too.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with all the advice above, if its chicken flavoured then it's probably artificially flavoured, and so should be okay, but just keep an eye on him.

flkjr2

Nov 24, 2012
Florissant, Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
Shouldn't be a problem..."chicken flavor"...no actual chicken. I bought some antlers from petco...JEEZZ...expensive!!! The worst part....Z pays it no mind! :cursing:
His favorite toy seems to be two old socks with two knots tied on the end that i made for him...smh

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
In my opinion it could be trouble, if it comes from real chicken and if it doesn't it's soo artificial that it can't be good for him...

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Shouldn't be a problem..."chicken flavor"...no actual chicken. I bought some antlers from petco...JEEZZ...expensive!!! The worst part....Z pays it no mind! :cursing:
His favorite toy seems to be two old socks with two knots tied on the end that i made for him...smh

Mail it to me! Lol I have a feeling mack will ignore it too, then I can mail it to someone else from the forum to try

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
In my opinion it could be trouble, if it comes from real chicken and if it doesn't it's soo artificial that it can't be good for him...

But I wonder how much chicken it would be even if it was real chicken used in the flavoring...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would think it's artificial flavouring ... so you should be fine. If he is allergic to chicken then you would have seen a reaction to it by now!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.