Dry winter itchies

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Hey everyone -

If anyone's got some tricks in their bag, I could use the ideas.

Had no choice but to give Bacon a bath last week and he's been unusually itchy since. We do all the usual, including salmon oil and acv with his food. But its winter here, snows frequently, and the house is dry. His shampoo is even full of natural oils and is sulfate free but alas by poor boy keeps giving off static shocks.

Anyone have any extra tips to help moisturize his coat?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Static Guard?? hee hee hee

I have actually taken hand lotion - rubbed it on my hands (leaving excess) and wipe it on Nitschke's coat.... he had this issue, but Banks never did

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
have u thought of getting a humidifier to add some moisture to the air instead of things for him. if your air is so dry that he has static electricity then your home must be very dry. just a thought. i have 2 and they work wonders for itchy dry skin and static in the air. there is a thread here bout unrefined coconut oil being good for a dogs skin.

Last edited:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
have u thought of getting a humidifier to add some moisture to the air instead of things for him. if your air is so dry that he has static electricity then your home must be very dry. just a thought. i have 2 and they work wonders for itchy dry skin and static in the air. there is a thread here bout unrefined coconut oil being good for a dogs skin.

Great ideas [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

I run the showers hot only a couple times a day if the heater has been running a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
thesspa

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Static Guard?? hee hee hee

I have actually taken hand lotion - rubbed it on my hands (leaving excess) and wipe it on Nitschke's coat.... he had this issue, but Banks never did

lol - I even thought about rubbing him down the fabric softener sheets at one point!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
lol - I even thought about rubbing him down the fabric softener sheets at one point!

Right!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online