Thread: Louie's on his way!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Louie
    Likes (Received)

Smile Louie's on his way!!

Our boy will be here on sunday and we're excited! This really is like bringing a new baby home. Anyway, aside from the essentials, any tips on how to welcome Louie home? I've read that before he even gets a chance to greet the family we're supposed to introduce/invite into rooms and then allow him to play with the family. Makes sense, but I imagine myself too excited to do so. Help me out!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi there! How exciting! Did you read the article welcoming home your new bulldog puppy yet? oh, i moved your post to general talk as others may not see it in the site comments and suggestions forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Louie's on his way!!

Hello and welcome to EBN and the WONDERFUL world of bulldogs!!! Yes, let Louie roam around the house (you stay in close to him) so he gets use to the new surroundings and be sure to correct when he is doing or touching something you do not want him to
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Well if your going to crate train, and I highly suggest it, then introduce him to the crate with a treat, get him in it and be happy about it but don't close the door let him go in and out at first. So that he will look at it as a good place to go and not see it as punishment. And when you first get the dog home take him outside every two hours to do his business. Through the night as well, set your alarm if necessary and take him out every two hours and of course after eating and playing and crate time. I did this with Ace and within the first week or ten days he was potty trained

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my how exciting. i cant wait to see pics of ur baby. ive not had a puppy so not much help there.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Remember to get yourself ready to bring home a puppy! What I did both times was make sure my house was spotless that way I can give my full attention to the puppy, and make sure you are getting lots of sleep! Also I would set everything up that you will need, cleaning supplies, bed, food, ect. be completely ready so you dont feel so overwhelmed when you get your new puppy. And remember accidents will happy and just to stay calm! I have to remind myself of that every day because its so easy to get frustrated. Other than that I think your golden!

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    Remember to get yourself ready to bring home a puppy! What I did both times was make sure my house was spotless that way I can give my full attention to the puppy, and make sure you are getting lots of sleep! Also I would set everything up that you will need, cleaning supplies, bed, food, ect. be completely ready so you dont feel so overwhelmed when you get your new puppy. And remember accidents will happy and just to stay calm! I have to remind myself of that every day because its so easy to get frustrated. Other than that I think your golden!
    I agree, half the "battle" or journey is to love dogs and in particular your dog and to have resolve and to be willing to do whatever is necessary

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

Every day I appreciate my Ace the more. He has precisely the conformation I was looking for in an OEB. I still have the issues between him and Gabe the Maltese but its getting better over all. I just look for the signs and the times when the confrontations are most likely and seek to step in or prevent the occurences

Remove Ads