Louie's on his way!!

Sabibine18

Feb 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Our boy will be here on sunday and we're excited! This really is like bringing a new baby home. Anyway, aside from the essentials, any tips on how to welcome Louie home? I've read that before he even gets a chance to greet the family we're supposed to introduce/invite into rooms and then allow him to play with the family. Makes sense, but I imagine myself too excited to do so. Help me out!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi there! How exciting! Did you read the article welcoming home your new bulldog puppy yet? oh, i moved your post to general talk as others may not see it in the site comments and suggestions forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the WONDERFUL world of bulldogs!!! Yes, let Louie roam around the house (you stay in close to him) so he gets use to the new surroundings and be sure to correct when he is doing or touching something you do not want him to

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Well if your going to crate train, and I highly suggest it, then introduce him to the crate with a treat, get him in it and be happy about it but don't close the door let him go in and out at first. So that he will look at it as a good place to go and not see it as punishment. And when you first get the dog home take him outside every two hours to do his business. Through the night as well, set your alarm if necessary and take him out every two hours and of course after eating and playing and crate time. I did this with Ace and within the first week or ten days he was potty trained

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my how exciting. i cant wait to see pics of ur baby. ive not had a puppy so not much help there. :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Remember to get yourself ready to bring home a puppy! What I did both times was make sure my house was spotless that way I can give my full attention to the puppy, and make sure you are getting lots of sleep! Also I would set everything up that you will need, cleaning supplies, bed, food, ect. be completely ready so you dont feel so overwhelmed when you get your new puppy. And remember accidents will happy and just to stay calm! I have to remind myself of that every day because its so easy to get frustrated. Other than that I think your golden!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Remember to get yourself ready to bring home a puppy! What I did both times was make sure my house was spotless that way I can give my full attention to the puppy, and make sure you are getting lots of sleep! Also I would set everything up that you will need, cleaning supplies, bed, food, ect. be completely ready so you dont feel so overwhelmed when you get your new puppy. And remember accidents will happy and just to stay calm! I have to remind myself of that every day because its so easy to get frustrated. Other than that I think your golden!

I agree, half the "battle" or journey is to love dogs and in particular your dog and to have resolve and to be willing to do whatever is necessary

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Every day I appreciate my Ace the more. He has precisely the conformation I was looking for in an OEB. I still have the issues between him and Gabe the Maltese but its getting better over all. I just look for the signs and the times when the confrontations are most likely and seek to step in or prevent the occurences

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online