There's a strange echo in my house..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
whenever one of us happens to open a bag of chips, pretzels..etc, and cause that "ruffling" noise.... it's always followed by the strange sound of footsteps by what would appear to be a 4 legged creature, walking pretty darn fast too! :yes:

Last edited:

Jerry

Oct 13, 2010
Fort Worth
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
LMBO.. Yeah Brody has what I call "selective" hearing... he only "hears" noises in the kitchen, and he ALWAYS investigates them instantly

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we got those same noises in our house too!!! our lab is banned from the kitchen while there is food out, since he is level w all tables in den and he goes around sniffing the tables hoping to find a crumb

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Sam is the same way, I can call him for days to come but the second he hears something that indicates I am messing with something consumable he comes sprinting LOL

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yeah! How is it they don't wake up with a pat on the butt and a shake of the body, but when I go all the way down stairs and pick up a food dish......suddenly I have a bulldog standing in front of me wide awake. AND...if they are outside barking at the neighbors dogs...they refuse to come in when called, BUT when I put one single kibble in the stainless steel dish, I get a hustle into the house like you wouldn't believe. How is it they can hear a wrapper from string cheese from down the block..or a banana peel from a level up?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
.. I get that strange echo whenever the fridge door opens .... and now we've discovered frozen green beans it happens with the freezer door too.

Strange .... :whistle:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks guys ... good to know that I'm not the only one who feels that someone's staring at me or hear tiny footsteps whenever I'm in that area of the house too ... *** I'm scared ... :*( ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep my boys can hear the banana being peeled from anywhere, who knew it made noise? And the string cheese?!?! Forget it! I have to share my 1 piece with my 2 fur babies and now my 2 legger also. I think that is whats called a diet. hehe

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Funny..... I wonder how Gracie was kept as she never begs. If I sit down on the couch with chips she'll investigate but won't beg. We have NEVER given her 'people food' other than an occasional apple slice if I am having one... properly peeled, sliced, and cored I might add. She eats her cup of food in the morning and another at night and that is it. Guess we can count ourselves lucky.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Funny..... I wonder how Gracie was kept as she never begs. If I sit down on the couch with chips she'll investigate but won't beg. We have NEVER given her 'people food' other than an occasional apple slice if I am having one... properly peeled, sliced, and cored I might add. She eats her cup of food in the morning and another at night and that is it. Guess we can count ourselves lucky.

Yeah Cutty never begged at first either. Until she gets a taste of what you are eating you are good. All it takes is 1 time of them knowing it is something they can have, it is over. lol.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Same thing here..Silva begs, growls and even paces at our feet to she gets some of whatever we are eating, I seriously think she thinks she is human if we are eating it then why cant she! :heart: :bully:!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online