Does my bullie have pimples??

mommy2zeus

Mar 9, 2012
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I've been on here but I have a question!

Zeus has hit the one year old mark and I am noticing a difference in his skin. It looks like he gets pimples on his lips. They are like the size of a pencil eraser and red. They never get white, like a pimple would when it needs popped! They usualy go away on their own but I am seeing more and more of them resently.

I didn't know if maybe he is having a reaction to being on adult food. He is on Blue Buffalo Wilderness and this was also his puppy food so it wasn't a dramatic change.

Hope you all can help me out! Thanks! xoxo

Attachments

• 58816_10200141895963798_943531487_n.jpg
    58816_10200141895963798_943531487_n.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 154

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon goes through breakouts just like a human does on his chin. Same thing big and red and sometimes they pop when he is playing. They bleed for a few minutes then stop and he is fine. He is also a little over 1

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeks is 8months old and hes been getting pimples recently on his chin. Dont ever squeeze them no matter how tempting it is lol. They go down on their own & if squeezed can become an infection. Ive just been washing meekos face more and his toys regularly and theyve gone down without anymore appearing (yet) hope it helps x

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, this is typical. Wipe his chin after drinking, if you do not have them get stainless steal bowls ... it will help lessen the breakouts

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Stainless Steel bowls many times is the answer to this one. Also drying their face is a big help.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would do the above and if you have some duoxo pads you can try those. i have read that you can use witch hazel on them also.

OP
mommy2zeus

mommy2zeus

Mar 9, 2012
Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Thank you all very much for the tips! Zeus does have stainless steel bowls so I have that part down. I am going to start cleaning his toys regularly and wiping his face after drinking (he is starting to get a little messing when drinking)!

His little pimples are starting to clear up so I am happy about that! Again, thanks for all you help! This bullie momma can breath a little easier!!!! :-)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.