My Sweet Bogey is back!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
For those that don't know, my sweet little 4 1/2 month old Bogey went in for a hernia repair and neutering on Monday, but we came home Monday night with BOGART his evil twin! OMG! What a tough couple of days we had with him!! But, yesterday we slowly saw our little Bogey pushing BOGART back into his dark hole! My little guy was active, playful and so sweet yesterday!! We took him on a short walk, he was giving kisses non stop. Oh my, we were so happy to see him!!
As for BOGART, well we hope that little devil will only appear in short spurts as he did before the surgery!
As for Bogey's healing: well he is IMPOSSIBLE to keep down. He is jumping, running, and is as active as ever. I am trying, seriously, but it si a loosing battle. The good news is he has never even sniffed where his staples or sutures are, so at least we don't have to confine him in that sense.
We will try our best to keep him quiet (yeah right) for at least another week. then we should be out of the woods for sutures popping!
Happy Weekend!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, welcome back nice Bogey, goodbye evil twin. Lol. I'm so glad to hear Bogey had his surgery and is recovering well. Heal quick Bogey and feel better soon. I just wanted to let you know it's quite normal for their behaviour to change a little after surgery. It is a temporary reaction to all the meds they are given during surgery and from the anesthetic. The medication can make them hyper, more aggressive, and agitated. Their normal behaviour can also change like if they are potty trained, they may have accidents in the house, this can be from the anesthetic, to the muscles being temporarily weaker from the surgery, to the extra liquids they get from the IV fluids. All of these reactions are normal and do go away, so don't worry. When Dozer was neutered he was very sleepy the first night home, and then he was crazy the next day, he wanted to jump and play, and run around. I think the pain medication keeps the pain away, and also bullies have a high pain threshold so they don't feel the discomfort. When Blossom was spayed and her eyes repaired for cherry eye, she had a few pee accidents the first night home, and slept most of that night, but the next day she was back to being the Tazmanian Devil, she was a whirl wind, jumping on and off the couch, and impossible to keep quiet, I just tried my best and would walk her around the house on her leash, and have her lie beside me on the couch to cuddle. The good news is they heal really quick, and are back to themselves before you know it, and I really found that they were much calmer after their surgeries, especially Dozer, after he was neutered, he seemed to settle down more, and he is a much calmer now, and he has stopped humping.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Keeping a puppy calm and quite :ROFL: Good luck with that x

i'm glad Bogey is back but I will miss little Bogart and his devilish ways :evil:

Alas, I fear he will be back, hopefully not with a vengance!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
aww Bogey- I don't believe you were ever a Bogart... haha :evil:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I contend it was the meds taking over his mind & will...never Bogey!

Wish I was there getting those kisses he's giving out so freely
:smoochwink:

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Lol bogart :) I'm glad bogey is back though they can be little stinkers :) n he was prolly uncomfy n acting out bcuz of it :( I'm glad he's on the mend though :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
haha glad you have your Bogey back to normal, FYI don't be surprised if you see a little redness and maybe a little leakage around the sutures from him being Bogart. Bacon was the same way and had a little of both but in the end was fine.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Bogey must be feeling so much better...that's awesome news! I think all of our bullies have that little "Bogart" in them tho!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is so good to hear he is coming back to his playful self.... the evil twin will not be gone, but hopefully his appearance will be VERY limited

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh mary sarah just had hernia surgery and pre breast cancer surgery so i know what your feeling. sarah never was mean but she sure was sore n pittiful. im so glad things are back to normal for you. :2thumbs: give him extra kisses n hugs.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.