Harness? collar? 1/2 choke collar choke?

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi
I currently walk my dog on a training lead. I feel he's ready to progress onto a more grown up lead. I was at a bulldog walk at the weekend, there must of been 50 dogs there all with different leads and collars or harnesses on. As it was my first time i didn't want to ask anyone. Please can you tell me what works for you and why?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi
I currently walk my dog on a training lead. I feel he's ready to progress onto a more grown up lead. I was at a bulldog walk at the weekend, there must of been 50 dogs there all with different leads and collars or harnesses on. As it was my first time i didn't want to ask anyone. Please can you tell me what works for you and why?

hope this helps

going for walk.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I use a choker on Jack, he's the big American on the left, The EB , I use the e-z harness

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Both my boys have the Buddy Belt harness. I wouldn't want to restrict them breathing like mentioned above. Choke harnesses scare me imo.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We use harnesses.... its (IMHO) the only way to go with Bullies. Gizmo learned at an early age to spin around and back out of her Collar, so they wear collars for ID purposes only. For walks, its harnesses all of the way.

Take your baby to Petsmart, or PetCo or whatever pet store to buy a harness, try them on, adjust them etc, to find a good fit :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We use a harness on Bacon as well, he can get out of a collar and has even managed to work his way out of his harness once.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I use the kong harness with traffic loop for my two EBs and the kong harness that has the chest plate for my Frenchie. Love both! And you can get them at Petsmart.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I promised the breeder I would never use a collar of any kind. Only a harness. I works great. Miss Tallulah pulled a little at first so I got a harness with the clasp in front rather than only on the back. If she tried to pull she would just turn into me very gently. She is a complete loose leash walker now so I could use it either way but I really like using the front loop. My problem is I would love to have a nice custom fit harness for Bulldogs with a front loop. The one I got from PetCo I had to adjust for her huge Bully chest. Had to buy a large and then tighten the harness's girth. If anyone know where I can get a good Bulldog fitting harness with a front loop I would be most grateful.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online