Sudden increase in shedding

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hey guys so all the sudden about a week ago duchess started shedding alot more than normal. She is raw fed, she also gets salmon oil(just ran out) acv, nothing has changed in her food or environment and about a week ago I noticed a big increase in shedding. If I'm petting her I'll actually take hair off with every swipe. I'm clueless. Any ideas to stop the shedding?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It's that time of the year again. They blow their coats two times a year. In the spring and in the fall. We have 5 in the house and I vacuumed the other day and picked up enough hair to make two extra bullies. :eek: I need to vacuum today again. We use the Zoom Groom and it works pretty well. I need to take them all out again today for a brushing.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I see you live in the Chicago area. It's cold there right now. It may be a little early to start the spring shed. How old is she? if she's pup at around to 9 - 12 months old it could be that. Also, you are out of salmon oil and that may be the culprit.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Excess shedding can be caused by a wide array of things. Stress levels, seasonal allergy, temperature, etc. Unless it's a chronic thing or it comes with rashes and sores, it's not too much of a worry. Observe for a week and see if it continues. You're already using salmon oil supplements, so it's good. You can also add omega-3 fortified eggs to his diet to boost his omega-3 intake.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Thanks guys, I didn't think much of it & initially figured she was losing her coat but yes I am In Chicago so it's still a. It chilly. A new bottle of salmon oil is on the way.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Shedding still isn't too bad yet ... but I'm dreading the warm-up!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.