puppy is making me want to pull my hair out!!!!!

Silastheman

Feb 6, 2013
Fleetwood PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Silas
OK Silas is 13 weeks..I got him almost 3 weeks ago and he is a sweetheart and a BRAT..love him to death but JEEEZZZZ hahahah...ok, his good points, he is calm, lazy and cuddly...loves to sleep next to me for hours and his hyper moments only last about 5 minutes and then he sleeps haha...he is super duper cute and nice to everyone, even our cat, he is always happy and soooo friendly....his bad points....housebreaking, crate training and chewing!!...he doesn't chew on us at all, he is great with respecting our skin, but he chews anything else lol...he also pees in his crate every night and I'm sooooo sick of it...cleaning it in morning and bathing him every time!!...he did have a UTI the first week I had him but hes been on antibiotics for 9 days now and stilll pees in crate every night..i have it divided for just enough room for him to turn and lay and I have tried it with a blanket and no blankets, I take his water away 2 hours before bed and I let him out every 3 hours during the night...his crying and screaming in the crate has stopped thank god but he just loves to pee in there and lay in it, I'M SICK OF IT..and also potty training, he will go outside right away like a good boy and I give him a treat and praise but then he goes potty again within 5 minutes inside, constantly...he is always peeing and pooping!! so much! I feel like I always have him in the crate if I cant watch him like a hawk and that's pretty often so I feel bad he is crated a lot...I don't know what I am doing wrong?? I feed him 3x a day at same times and only allow him to drink with meals to try to cut down the peeing and pooping but nope!! he loves water and will bark for it and drink gallons at a time it seems...he is very confusing and he has me tired and annoyed:ashamed:

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi
Have you tried wee pads? then when its under control you move the pad closer and closer to the door then put it outside. Hang in there!!

OP
Silastheman

Silastheman

Feb 6, 2013
Fleetwood PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Silas
I really cant because I have a 19 month old daughter running around who woul;d love to play with that mess LOL...thanks tho!!! its very frustrating

flkjr2

Nov 24, 2012
Florissant, Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Z
Hello...Z is the about the same age. Sounds like you are doing everything pretty good to me..it just takes time. He is still so young...its like a human being potty trained. Time and consistency. ;)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
LOVE your avatar pic, so adorable of both!

Puppies are wonderful but a lot of work, time & attention, as you are finding
out! First, I know it's tempting but don't withhold or restrict his amount of water,
he needs it especially if he's eating dry kibble. You might try taking him out every
TWO hrs and stay out a little longer (shouldn't have to do this very much longer)
then go to every 3 hrs in about a month, his bladder is still developing. Try keeping
old towels in his crate for now for easy clean up.

There's a Puppy Club here and you'll get great advice, useful tips & commiseration!

He sure sounds like a great puppy, hang in there, all your hard work will pay off in a
wonderful, loving, obedient & beautiful bully...GOD bless!

G

General Jackson

I guess we have to take the good with the bad lol my Jackson will b 12 weeks Monday n he is doing amazing w crate training. He never has an accident at night and we r so happy BUT OMG the chewing! Wow! He is a big time chewer n prefers our hands, skin, feet whatever he can get ahold of and its non stop if he isnt sleeping. He is obsessed so that we r working on. Good luck.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hang in there. I feel your pain Fergus is 14 weeks old and has just recently gone 5 days in a row without peeing in his crate with no potty breaks during the night :clap2: but he is still peeing inside the house even when we take him out every 30 mins. Its usually about a tablespoon :bitching: so far I have used a gallon of bleach washing towels and blankets since we got him less then a month ago. It just take patience I can only imagine how much harder it is with a toddler in the house. We have potty pads all over our house. At least you dont have to deal with Cujo who has a taste for human flesh like Fergus :rolleyes:. We are walk, talking chew toys to him. Something we are working hard at.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue turned 11 weeks today. He's wee wee pad trained (for the most part), but when he first wakes up- OMG, he'll take 2 steps, plant his butt and just pee. Not sure how to break this horrible habit.
He's also teething and nothing, not nylabones, kongs, his stuffies or any toys will distract him from our fingers and toes when he's on a mission to bite. I have so many puncture wounds on me I look pathetic.

BUT- all of this will pass. They're puppies, that's really all it is. It takes time and patience. Hang in there. :hug:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Blue turned 11 weeks today. He's wee wee pad trained (for the most part), but when he first wakes up- OMG, he'll take 2 steps, plant his butt and just pee. Not sure how to break this horrible habit.
He's also teething and nothing, not nylabones, kongs, his stuffies or any toys will distract him from our fingers and toes when he's on a mission to bite. I have so many puncture wounds on me I look pathetic.

BUT- all of this will pass. They're puppies, that's really all it is. It takes time and patience. Hang in there. :hug:

Hi Blueberrys Mom, I fixed the peeing outside of the crate by carrying Fergus to the back yard first thing when I opened the crate door I did that for 2 weeks everyday. Now he has figured out the routine in the morning.

Wake up mom, mom opens crate, go potty outside then he gets to eat. Occasionally he forgets so as soon as I see him try to squat I pick him up.
Fergus is also very focused with using us as human chew toys. My arms and toes looks like I got attacked by a crazed person with a fork :bang:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
It is a long road and in reality it takes up to the time they are a year before they are totally broke. At around 6 to 7 months they should be broke and just have accidents every now and then. Some puppies it just takes longer. Also make sure you are using a cleaning product made for urine like Nature's Miracle urine destroyer because without that they will still smell it and will still have the urge to pee. Hand in there it will get better!

GretzkysMomma

Feb 4, 2013
Richardson, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretzky
Gretzky is pretty much 100% potty trained, but he is a turd and a half when it comes to chewing and biting EVERYTHING. Shoes, pant legs (with human legs inside I might add), hands, his wire crate, and and and!! I can't move my feet under the covers at night because he'll attack them!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I've got to tell you the easy way to potty train a puppy is to have a pet door and an older dog to show the puppy how to use it!

We have a doggy door except Fergus is too short :) to step out. I've seen him watch my lab go thru it so hopefully he will get to use it soon.

whitebronc

Jan 2, 2013
So Cal
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Hi There! like everyone has said, Hang in there. Silias is still so young, he will get it. Doyou have any blankets or a bed in his crate? some have taken those out to help thier puppy not pee in the crate. keep the faith, he will learn. As far as the biting goes. he's a puppy, it does get better, Ike is almost 5 months, he is so much better about biting and mouthing. Sila's teeth are cutting in it hurts them, Same think you just went thru with your daughter. Some are using frozen green beans to help the teething pain, We used a rope toy that we got wet and froze, and another toy that was made to get wet and frozen.

Keep strong, he will be the bully you are hoping for!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.