Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: puppy is making me want to pull my hair out!!!!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: puppy is making me want to pull my hair out!!!!!

I've got to tell you the easy way to potty train a puppy is to have a pet door and an older dog to show the puppy how to use it!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    I've got to tell you the easy way to potty train a puppy is to have a pet door and an older dog to show the puppy how to use it!
    We have a doggy door except Fergus is too short to step out. I've seen him watch my lab go thru it so hopefully he will get to use it soon.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ike
    Likes (Received)

Hi There! like everyone has said, Hang in there. Silias is still so young, he will get it. Doyou have any blankets or a bed in his crate? some have taken those out to help thier puppy not pee in the crate. keep the faith, he will learn. As far as the biting goes. he's a puppy, it does get better, Ike is almost 5 months, he is so much better about biting and mouthing. Sila's teeth are cutting in it hurts them, Same think you just went thru with your daughter. Some are using frozen green beans to help the teething pain, We used a rope toy that we got wet and froze, and another toy that was made to get wet and frozen.

Keep strong, he will be the bully you are hoping for!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ike
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Blue turned 11 weeks today. He's wee wee pad trained (for the most part), but when he first wakes up- OMG, he'll take 2 steps, plant his butt and just pee. Not sure how to break this horrible habit.
    He's also teething and nothing, not nylabones, kongs, his stuffies or any toys will distract him from our fingers and toes when he's on a mission to bite. I have so many puncture wounds on me I look pathetic.

BUT- all of this will pass. They're puppies, that's really all it is. It takes time and patience. Hang in there.
    Jsut wait for the puppy teeth to be gone, when his adult teeth are coming in he will still be chompy and mouthing, but his teeth wont be as sharp!

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Is your baby's UTI all cleared up? if not, that will definitely be a contributing factor to the peeing. You got some very good advice above otherwise!

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member Trod1's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tina
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Olive, Oscar
    Likes (Received)

I would try a metal grate for on the bottom of his crate so if he pees it doesn't get on his skin (It looks like an oven rack) I would also remove all blankets and towels out of his crate. Once he has urinated on them he may continue even after they have been laundered because of the scent he recognizes. Once he stops wetting in his crate you can put back the comfy blankets. These are tips from Olive's breeder and she had very few accidents in her crate. Hes very cute! Good Luck
    In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

here he is...lol ...lil brat i call him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20130206_011259-jpg  
    proud owner of a baby boy bully named Silas!!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    jameson and titan
    Likes (Received)

please don't restrict water to only meals....dogs need access to water...when i got jameson as a puppy my vet told me(and he has had bulldogs) to never limit his water...that is really dangerous for him/her

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

thank you all for your advice!! I will just wait it out...he should eventually grow out of peeing in his crate...ughh cant wait

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Silastheman as others have said DO NOT restrict water from that puppy. That's one reason he got the UTI in the first place. Your skin kid did not learn to use the toilet over night and your baby bully will not learn to potty train over night. It takes time for their body to grow and their bladders to grow and in time they will be able to hold it longer and they also will learn to go out side. Set up a pin, you can by a plastic play pin for dogs at Petsmart or Petco and put his crate in there and leave the door open so he can sleep in his crate and go outside the crate to pee and poop. You can use puppy pads (but they like to play and chew them up) or use news paper for him to go on. Once he gets a little older you can do away with the play pin and shut the door at night. What we do is put a towel down and if the pee on them we just hose them off and then wash them. Once he gets about 6 months of age he should be able to sleep all night without incident. They still have accidents every once in awhile, but that's just pups. Be patient and he will learn as he gets older. We have a 7 month old at home and she does pretty well most of the time but will still sometimes pee on her towel. They are pups and it happens. Just remember, they are babies, just like your 19 month old, it takes time for them to learn, so please be patient with him. All they want to do is please us and be loved and will give you years of unconditional love in return.

Plus, doggie doors are not a good idea for bullies, unless you are home all the time and can watch him all the time. They will go out to play and sun and can get too hot and may not come back inside and before you know it, you have a dead bully from heat stroke. It happens all the time, so be careful if you have one.
    Last edited by Davidh; 02-20-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

@Davidh-great post couldn't agree more!

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    @Silastheman as others have said DO NOT restrict water from that puppy. That's one reason he got the UTI in the first place. Your skin kid did not learn to use the toilet over night and your baby bully will not learn to potty train over night. It takes time for their body to grow and their bladders to grow and in time they will be able to hold it longer and they also will learn to go out side. Set up a pin, you can by a plastic play pin for dogs at Petsmart or Petco and put his crate in there and leave the door open so he can sleep in his crate and go outside the crate to pee and poop. You can use puppy pads (but they like to play and chew them up) or use news paper for him to go on. Once he gets a little older you can do away with the play pin and shut the door at night. What we do is put a towel down and if the pee on them we just hose them off and then wash them. Once he gets about 6 months of age he should be able to sleep all night without incident. They still have accidents every once in awhile, but that's just pups. Be patient and he will learn as he gets older. We have a 7 month old at home and she does pretty well most of the time but will still sometimes pee on her towel. They are pups and it happens. Just remember, they are babies, just like your 19 month old, it takes time for them to learn, so please be patient with him. All they want to do is please us and be loved and will give you years of unconditional love in return.

Plus, doggie doors are not a good idea for bullies, unless you are home all the time and can watch him all the time. They will go out to play and sun and can get too hot and may not come back inside and before you know it, you have a dead bully from heat stroke. It happens all the time, so be careful if you have one.

he came to me with the UTI and vet said it was from poor food quailty from breeder and I do not restrict water, I offer him water all the time, just not before bed and I dont leave it out all day, But anytime he wants it, he sits nxt to his bowl and I fill it otherwise he will pee every 5 minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads