Schutzhund with EBs?

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I have been looking at youtube videos of English Bulldogs lately, and came acrossed a guy who does schutzhund with his. It was kind of cool to see how well the dogs responded to his comands, as I have always heard they are stuborn lol
I was just wondering what all of you thought about it.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Umm that might be the same guy who used to use this forum. If so he beat his dogs with sticks and then tried to claim it was the same to them as hitting them with pillow s. Idk if it's him or not.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Umm that might be the same guy who used to use this forum. If so he beat his dogs with sticks and then tried to claim it was the same to them as hitting them with pillow s. Idk if it's him or not.

OMG that is sick... He needs to be beat with a stick and then tell us it felt like being hit with a pillow :angry:. Thats why I prefer animals to humans sometimes.. His poor dogs hopefully someone called Animal Control on him..

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I have been looking at youtube videos of English Bulldogs lately, and came acrossed a guy who does schutzhund with his. It was kind of cool to see how well the dogs responded to his comands, as I have always heard they are stuborn lol
I was just wondering what all of you thought about it.

Can you post the link so we can see the video? I don't know what schutzhund is?

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I will try when I'm on my computer.
Schutzhund is protection training. Usually useing German shepherds, Rotweilers, And other such breeds. I want to say it was started in Germany to decide what German shepherds to breed, but don't quote me on that lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Schutzhund is a German based training for protection and guard dogs -- specifically used for 'working breeds'. I use to work at a facility that offered the classes on Sunday's and I watched them from time to time.... in MY opinion, it is not meant for a bulldog. It is meant for GSD, Cane Corsos, Pitbulls, American Bulldogs, Rotties, etc -- dogs that need a 'job' or are bred to serve. Our Bulldog -- tend not to fit those categories.

Part of the training involves tracking/hiking in all types of weather and conditions which Bullies do not do well in.

Please do A LOT of research before you decide this is something to do with a Bulldog -- if you do have a strong interest maybe look into a breed to take to the classes or check with a trainer of Schutzhund to see if you can be a handler.

Last edited:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I found video of that on youtube, not sure about everyone else but I would never even think of putting a bully through that kind of hip and joint strain. They are so prone to issues why exacerbate it with that kind of behavior.

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I thought about it, but just fleetingly. One of those things you think would be cool to do, but know realistically it would never happen lol I think its amazing to watch, and I admire the dedication and the bond of trust between the dog and handler. One thing I love about Bulldogs is their lack of energy. I have my spurts, but Im mainly a home body lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.