Omg! I have the dog from h#@%*!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Bogey was neutered and had a hernia repair on Monday. He did just fine, but I refused to use that stupid cone! Yesterday, he became the BIGGEST P-I-T-A!!!!!
I don't know if it was the anesthesia coming out of his system, discomfort, the meds he is on, or boredom from TRYING to keep him quiet, but he was the spawn of satan yesterday! Biting, nipping, back talking, restless- just plain miserable! He hardly slept at all all day, which is unusual. He is on antibiotic Cipro, and Remadyl for discomfort. We finally took him on a short walk last night to calm him down which worked a little, but he was so nasty all night! Finally at 8:30, when he is usually fast asleep, and he would not relent with trying to jump up on the couch (which I forbid because all he would do was try to hump me!) I finally gave him some Benadryl to try and calm him down. That worked and within 30 minutes, he was sleeping.
OMG! This is going to be a long 2 weeks with no doggie park and good jaunts to burn his energy. Today, a little of the same, but I am keeping him in his xpen because he is so obnoxious when he is out.

Anyone else have this reaction after surgery????

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He's lucky he is so darned cute. Right??? LOL

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
he just went through surgery....however in my experience, they DONT KNOW they just went through surgery. Hell Gizmo wanted to bounce all over the furniture 2 days after having her Tail Amputated ! ! ! ! these bulldogs refuse to 'give up, and rest' !

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Poor guy is probably just bored. Do you have any new toys he can play with?

Rick is right. They don't know they just had surgery or aren't supposed to do certain things. He just knows the couch is there and it's his job to jump on it.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I agree, Bacon was a lunatic after he got neutered as well. We tried to block off all the furniture so he wouldn't jump and he jumped on top of what I had blocking it we almost had a heart attack. Also the hormones in his body will be going haywire for a few weeks so expect him to act different for awhile.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My sweet, adorable Bogey acting up :eek:...​say it isn't so!

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My sweet, adorable Bogey acting up :eek:...​say it isn't so!

We decided he has an evil alter- ego named Bogart! :evil:Bogey and Bogart live in the same fur but we never know which one will emerge! Bogey must still be under anesthesia:babysleep: 'cause Bogart:evil: is here in the flesh!! What a monster!!!:bulldog: But we still love him!!!:heart:

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Oh Momma, he's just getting back at you for taking him in the first place. I'd say hoping he recovers soon but from the sounds of it, he's doing great - it's Mom that will need to recover.

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
MEEEEE!!! I posted a week or so ago about how Meeko was driving me INSANE he really was pushin it and getting on my nerves he became a completely different dog a mad hyper disobediant loonatic. Surgery was 2 weeks ago and hes gone a little bit calmer but nothing like he was before surgery... Just to dampen ur day a bit more.. The vets said its to do with hormone changes and this behaviour can last upto 3months !! Ive just gone back to basics making him work for his food and do tricks randomly throughout the day and just make sure im boss and he knows it. Fingers crossed for us both lol x

rudd0163

Feb 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I just had my 7 month old female spayed last Friday and she was miserable when we got her home, but after a good night sleep she is back to her good little self. I was worried that there would be a change in her behavior but that wasn't the case.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Oh it takes a long time to totally go away, if ever. Bacon is 14 months and will still throw fits that will drive you nuts. We had one such episode last Friday, where he first destroyed a roll of paper towels that he jumped up on to a glass table in the bathroom to get. Then he went in my closet and started tearing apart a bag of my stuff, then he jumped up on the guest bad and started thrashing the bedding, then he jumped on the couch and knocked off all the cushions and was just berserk. Needless to say after a stern 'KNOCK IT OFF" we went into pouty Bacon mode until Mom got home from work and relinquished me of my parental duties.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you're fibbing mer55, Bogey is and will always be an angel :tease:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
We decided he has an evil alter- ego named Bogart! :evil:Bogey and Bogart live in the same fur but we never know which one will emerge! Bogey must still be under anesthesia:babysleep: 'cause Bogart:evil: is here in the flesh!! What a monster!!!:bulldog: But we still love him!!!:heart:

HAHAHAHA...I know you do!

Brutus would sometimes pee on my bed if the covers would get bunched up under him.

More than once just after sheets, cover, comforter had just been freshly laundered and
put on the bed
:cursing: as you say, I STILL loved him madly.

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
MEEEEE!!! I posted a week or so ago about how Meeko was driving me INSANE he really was pushin it and getting on my nerves he became a completely different dog a mad hyper disobediant loonatic. Surgery was 2 weeks ago and hes gone a little bit calmer but nothing like he was before surgery... Just to dampen ur day a bit more.. The vets said its to do with hormone changes and this behaviour can last upto 3months !! Ive just gone back to basics making him work for his food and do tricks randomly throughout the day and just make sure im boss and he knows it. Fingers crossed for us both lol x
OMG!!! THREE MONTHS????? I may have to take up drinking. Thanks for the warning!! Hmmmm... do they have boarding schools for bulldogs?????

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
OMG!!! THREE MONTHS????? I may have to take up drinking. Thanks for the warning!! Hmmmm... do they have boarding schools for bulldogs?????

Haha my thoughts exactly! I was hoping some kind soul on here would offer to take care of him for month or 3 :whistle: ... U might live nearer to some of them than me though so il let u take go first if anybody offers to help us :ROFL: ... There must be somebody out there looking to foster a bully to get to know them before getting one furrever :lol: x

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.