do pups remember their siblings?

brit1chick

Nov 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
sophie scarlett
I am wondering if puppies remember their brothers and sisters if they meet up again? My pup stayed with her sister until she was 13 weeks and slept in the same bed and ate together, but they haven't seen each other for about 2 months. If they were to meet up soon, does anyone know or think they would recognise each other ???

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Im not sure but i know somebody on here adopted 1 bully then a while later adopted another from the same litter. Id love to tag them for their opinion and help but i really dont remember who it was. I think theyr likely to still play around and adore each other if theyr both friendly pups. I know meeko loves all dogs but when he sees another bully he goes demented he gets sooo excited as if he knows they look like him lol x

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I don't think so. My Usko has met a couple of his siblings and at least with his sister it was everything else than sibling love he had in mind...

OP
brit1chick

brit1chick

Nov 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
sophie scarlett
Lol! do you think it makes a difference in how long it has been since they were together? I was wondering, if it wasn't so long they may not have had enough time to forget?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
It's not the forgetting, it's the pack membership. Once they form a pack bond, the pack members become their "siblings" and all others are outside of the pack including their "real" siblings, therefore, even if the dogs were from the same litter, you should still treat them like they're strangers unless they have been socialized to each other like any other dog you meet at the park.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I don't think so. Lola met her sibling and they didn't like each other much.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
At about 10 months Rudy seemed to recognize his sister. He had only seen her one time since he was about 9 weeks old. They immediately began playing together.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.