Bully Fake Outs

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
So I just finished polishing off this box of chocolate, and I spilled some crumbs by mistake. Of course, Ms. Piggy Matilda beat me to them, but it was such a small amount, I didn't think it'd be a big deal.

I go to take a shower, and halfway through I notice that Til is not spying on me awkwardly (as she always does), and I was like huh... that's weird.. And I pull the curtain back to reveal Matilda NOT using the bath mat as a bed.... also weird.

So, I now am taking the fastest shower of my life and sprinting out of the bathroom to find Matilda, laying on her back, pink tummy in the air, LIFELESS.

Or so I thought.

And as I'm approaching her, convinced I just murdered her, she opens her eyes and snorts all happily. :cursing:

Yup. Matilda - who was PERFECTLY fine - chose that exact moment to take a casual nap, in the middle of the room, on her back.

Did your bullies ever scare you to death for no apparent reason?!

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
That is so funny! Scarey but funny. I wonder whether we're over protective with our bully's.

They're so precious though!! I would have done exactly the same thing.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
That is scary! But also really funny that she decided to nap then!

I have had a scared to death moment with Gio- One day last spring/summer after I got out of the shower I thought Gio somehow escaped the house! I frantically was running around the house looking for him and he was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! I started running around my neighborhood like a mad woman asking my neighbors to help me look for him since it was almost 80 degrees that day and knew he could not handle the heat for a long time. I also called my sister who teaches at an elementary school 5 minutes away to come home and help (which she did since she was on her lunch break!!). I then drove up to the animal shelter to see if anyone brought him there. At this point I am hysterical thinking the worst. About 50 minutes goes by and turns out he somehow managed to close a door behind him in one of the upstairs bedrooms (I could have sworn I checked!!). Instead of barking to let me know he was there, he was just sitting looking at the door when I opened it! I have never been so happy in my life to see his little wrinkly face!!

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
When we first brought Winston home, two and a bit years ago, he scared me to death.

He was such a tiny thing. I don't remember what we did, but my baby puppy spit up. Nothing at all unusual about that.

What scared the biscuits out of me was that he immediately fainted, and fell straight over on his side. I about died right there. My beautiful snuggly brand-new adorable (not to mention expensive. ><) puppy had keeled over dead right infront of my eyes.

Well, he laid there for a few seconds, then sat back up with typical bulldog gracefulness.

The vet thought that the vomiting had just given his system a little shock, kind of like the fainting goat syndrome.

He hasn't done it since. Thank goodness!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeks scared me just the other day he went out the yard while i was doing the washing up, i went to check on him and he was gone. I was going crazy i woke the Mr up from his sleep (he works night shifts) we were calling him panicking going out of our minds. It turned out he had somehow gone in the shed to nap and the door shuts behind you! We dont even know how he got in there it must have been slightly open!

It must have been Karma tho because about 2yrs ago my mother in law had a staff named Tyson. Me & hubby took a walk down her house to visit and she was out so we let ourselves in and took Tyson for a walk while we waited. When she got home we were still out and she phoned us panicking cos Tyson wasnt there.. We pretended we didnt have him and hadnt been there saying we would be there straight away to search the streets to find him! We got there about 5mins later obviously with Tyson and the mother in law was breaking her heart! We felt so guilty .. For about 5mins! After that she stopped threatenin him with a dogs home whenever he was naughty lol! X

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
These stories are so funny! [MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION], I can just imagine the "what?" expression on Gio's face when you opened the door!

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Wow, great thread =) can't wait to add my own soon.
I can totally imagine the fainting goat bully =)

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
So I just finished polishing off this box of chocolate, and I spilled some crumbs by mistake. Of course, Ms. Piggy Matilda beat me to them, but it was such a small amount, I didn't think it'd be a big deal.

I go to take a shower, and halfway through I notice that Til is not spying on me awkwardly (as she always does), and I was like huh... that's weird.. And I pull the curtain back to reveal Matilda NOT using the bath mat as a bed.... also weird.

So, I now am taking the fastest shower of my life and sprinting out of the bathroom to find Matilda, laying on her back, pink tummy in the air, LIFELESS.

Or so I thought.

And as I'm approaching her, convinced I just murdered her, she opens her eyes and snorts all happily. :cursing:

Yup. Matilda - who was PERFECTLY fine - chose that exact moment to take a casual nap, in the middle of the room, on her back.

Did your bullies ever scare you to death for no apparent reason?!
This is such a great story! Thanks for sharing!
When Bogey was 11 weeks old, I was out and my hubby was watching him. Well, Bogey went missing and my hubby went into panic mode, because all the "Bogey Come!" in the worlds and rustling a bag of treats was not producing our normally eager pup to come running. All Ed could think was "oh my God, what am I going to tell Mary when she gets back if I dont' find him!"
Well, last ditch effort throughout every nook and cranny of our small villa, brought Ed to the main Bathroom where there was Bogey sitting in the tub ( the curtain was drawn so Ed did not see him the first time) just staring up in the hopes that someone would come and rescue him!! He got in no problem, but just couldnt get out and he never whimpered or barked at all. Just waited. Good puppy!!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Naughty Matilda giving mom a fright :punish:.

We had a scare 2 weeks ago. We gave Fergus his first biscuit well half way thru he started to paw at his cheek and rub his face on the floor and and looked like he was choking. I started to panic yelled for my husband we grabbed Fergus opened his mouth stuck our fingers in his mouth down his throat and nothing. He was struggling with us and was still pawing at his face. I was about to do the heimlich/sp not even sure if that works on dogs... Well it ended up some cookie got stuck in his flubbers :whew: once he got that out he ate it and acted like nothing happened. While I am on the floor next to him in tears. No biscuits for him until I get over that incident :whew:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
This thread is fantastic. [MENTION=8050]Ashleym[/MENTION] check out this link for how to do Heimlich on your bully
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?r=432-Learn-CPR-It-Could-Save-Your-Dog-s-Life!

I've had one such incident and it was courtesy of [MENTION=4676]thesspa[/MENTION], Bacon was a puppy at the time and we have a webcam on him so we can watch him while we are at work. At the time I was watching almost all the time, I had gone away from my desk and when I came back Bacon wasn't in his pen anymore and I was convinced that he somehow managed to get the door of his day pen open. Frantically I called my wife who didn't answer, I started texting all of my friends that live in town to see if someone could go to the house to put him back in because he definitely would have eaten something and chocked. After about a half hour of panic, I get a call from Jen that she had left work early with a headache and let him out of his pen.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Thanks Baconator for the link there was some really great info :D. Fergus tends to put everything in his mouth I am hoping he grows out of it...

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
This thread is fantastic. @Ashleym check out this link for how to do Heimlich on your bully
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?r=432-Learn-CPR-It-Could-Save-Your-Dog-s-Life!

I've had one such incident and it was courtesy of @thesspa, Bacon was a puppy at the time and we have a webcam on him so we can watch him while we are at work. At the time I was watching almost all the time, I had gone away from my desk and when I came back Bacon wasn't in his pen anymore and I was convinced that he somehow managed to get the door of his day pen open. Frantically I called my wife who didn't answer, I started texting all of my friends that live in town to see if someone could go to the house to put him back in because he definitely would have eaten something and chocked. After about a half hour of panic, I get a call from Jen that she had left work early with a headache and let him out of his pen.

Hey! I thought this was Bully Fake Outs, not wife fake outs!!!
:lubu:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.