Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bully Fake Outs

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bully Fake Outs

This thread is fantastic. @Ashleym check out this link for how to do Heimlich on your bully
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...our-Dog-s-Life!

I've had one such incident and it was courtesy of @thesspa, Bacon was a puppy at the time and we have a webcam on him so we can watch him while we are at work. At the time I was watching almost all the time, I had gone away from my desk and when I came back Bacon wasn't in his pen anymore and I was convinced that he somehow managed to get the door of his day pen open. Frantically I called my wife who didn't answer, I started texting all of my friends that live in town to see if someone could go to the house to put him back in because he definitely would have eaten something and chocked. After about a half hour of panic, I get a call from Jen that she had left work early with a headache and let him out of his pen.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Thanks Baconator for the link there was some really great info . Fergus tends to put everything in his mouth I am hoping he grows out of it...

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    This thread is fantastic. @Ashleym check out this link for how to do Heimlich on your bully
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...our-Dog-s-Life!

I've had one such incident and it was courtesy of @thesspa, Bacon was a puppy at the time and we have a webcam on him so we can watch him while we are at work. At the time I was watching almost all the time, I had gone away from my desk and when I came back Bacon wasn't in his pen anymore and I was convinced that he somehow managed to get the door of his day pen open. Frantically I called my wife who didn't answer, I started texting all of my friends that live in town to see if someone could go to the house to put him back in because he definitely would have eaten something and chocked. After about a half hour of panic, I get a call from Jen that she had left work early with a headache and let him out of his pen.
    Hey! I thought this was Bully Fake Outs, not wife fake outs!!!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Omg...I am fainting, myself, and then laughing with relief at these silly, crazy,
    lovable lugs...oh these bullies!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Great thread! I got the giggles over here! (Sorry!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Can I chime in with a bichon fake-out?

My bichon, Gizmo, has a bad separation anxiety problem, so he always gets put in his crate when I go out. But, when we got Bullie, it seemed like his anxiety is not as bad, so I decided to try it out by leaving the crate door open while I go putz around in the yard. Everything was fine for the first 30 minutes so one day, I went to pick up the kids - all of 45 minutes - and left the crate open. We got home and Gizmo was not in his crate! Bullie went to give the kids attention for about 15 minutes and she went right back to the crate to nap. No Gizmo in sight (he usually goes crazy when I get home). I searched and searched all over the room and even went to search the rest of the house (which is impossible because the door was definitely closed) and I even searched the backyard!

Finally, after a long moment of panic, I notice a white puff of tail sticking out from under Bullie's pillow. Gizmo was fast asleep in Bulie's crate buried under Bullie's pillow. And I still couldn't quite understand why he didn't do his yippity yip yip after I've called him a thousand times!

So yes, I went back to crating Gizmo if I leave the house because I was worried that 60lb Bullie would crush 15lb Gizmo if he sleeps in her bed again...
    Last edited by anatess; 02-20-2013 at 05:18 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Ohhhh that was funny!! :Thanks for
    The
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

I LOVED reading all of your horror stories! hahaha

I'm glad I'm not the only overprotective parent.... (or only parent of a con-artist...)

Matilda scares me on a regular basis. Once, I was convinced she somehow managed to disappear out of my 2nd story apartment (how?!)...turns out, she was taking a leisurely nap in my closet and the door shut on her. She looked at me all annoyed when I finally discovered her and let light in there. haha

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Bacon did the same to me one day -
    I was working from home and it was just him and I in the house. I had gone upstairs to get lunch and realized after a while that he hadn't followed me. I start seaching every all over the house, calling for him, looking outside.... of course starting to get nervous

where do I find him - now that i'm looking in places where he couldn't possibly be?
    he had wandered into the laundry room and shut the door on himself.... when I opened the door we was sitting patiently waiting for me to find him giving me the "what took you so long" face

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

I this thread! I cannot get the image of a bully goat out of my head!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    Did your bullies ever scare you to death for no apparent reason?!
    Emma did when she was 9 months old!!

Back in August of last year Wilson was having his first real day out of the xpen with Jack while I was at work. Emma was in her xpen with no sitting next to her as she was used to. I'd been watching them all day on my phone to make sure all was ok (I have a home monitoring system by VueZone) and that morning all she did was bark and bark and bark. She was so lonely.

I caught her around 10:30 trying to escape her. She wanted to be with the boys!

Then I went to lunch and I got back at 1pm - not only was she missing but the XPEN was missing too!

I was so worried because I didn't know if the xpen had collasped and possible fallen on her or Wilson or Jack.

I put on my hat and found her with Jack.

And the I finally found Wilson.

Omg the little stinker moved the xpen 12 feet and didn't even mess up the first runner rug!!! I had wondered if she moved it to the stairs and escaped out the bottom and she did. There was still water in her bowl too.

And the escape hole.

Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@JeannieCO - holy smokes!!!!!!! That sounds like a combo of fright, tears, laughter and trying to be mad but so darn proud all at the same time!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads