Uh Oh ... FOSTER FAILURE ALERT!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I know that I've already posted this on FB so those of you who are friends ... this is going to be old news!!!

Bella was an owner surrender to ROEB, and I picked her up on Friday, July 13th 2012. Since then we've been her foster pawrents. She's been here for a while because she went into heat almost immediately which delayed her spay, and then she had a UTI. Her cherry eye surgery didnt' work on one of her eyes so after Christmas/New Year she had to go back in for that. A few other things we dealt with too .. including a discovery of a salmon allergy.

And from the moment she came into her home, we have seen her personality appear and those little bully habits that seem to belong only to her!

But most of all she helped us when our hearts needed healing after the very sudden loss of our sweet Maggie.

So I am proud to announce ourselves as foster failures ... and last week at the ROEB board meeting, we happily handed over our Adoption application and our adoption donation.

Hope our adoption application is accepted .................. :lmaogirl::sillyboy::ROFL::lol:

I picked her up .. and this is Bella on our journey to her new life!!

86567a93.jpg

The pic that gave her the name Bella Bear ...

1bd2399c.jpg

The day after we got her home!!!

After her first vet visit we discovered what we already knew .. she had no muscle at all in her two back legs, and has luxating patellas in both back knees.

We also discovered that she does a remarkable chewbacca impression ... specifically when there is food around!!

Does this floor make my butt look big? Nope, it's the pools of fat when you sit down that makes your butt look big, Bella!!! :ROFL:

00f4a010.jpg

Linus ... aka .. Bella's Boy Toy ..... :heart:

7d24fac5-1.jpg

Couldn't QUITE make it on to the bed ....

ED702893-294D-4228-A55F-9C8BEFC73C96-2760-0000031C76C176DA.jpg

The Christmas Bully-Elf

54EBE1B9-9323-4B03-BBE2-DD90ADCC0303-1959-00000257F305E665.jpg

Sleeping by the fire ... now I have my new sexy little waist line .. I got me a SECOND boy toy ... this is Daddy!!

343A23A0-EB00-4370-A11C-33E3ADDB2CD2-781-000000C4FC92A6E3.jpg

Mum and Dad say this couch makes my butt looks small .......

BFAFF294-864E-40CC-AFF8-67D1C3C63C79-2533-00000221BD91A816_zps809b023e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats on getting her and she is a beauty. I enjoyed all the pics, so thanks for posting them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww so cute. Congratulations on getting Bella. Lucky little girl, she's home where. She belongs with mommy and daddy. Enjoy

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Congrats! I'm glad she found her furever home with you. I'll be looking for more about sweet Bella and of course, more pictures!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Not a foster failure, she's a heart throb. I would of done exactly the same thing. It's amazing how she could end up in a rescue, but thank God she did for her sake. She's in heaven from where I sit

:havemyheart:

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Not a foster failure, she's a heart throb. I would of done exactly the same thing. It's amazing how she could end up in a rescue, but thank God she did for her sake. She's in heaven from where I sit

:havemyheart:

This is her history ... was with her first owner for 18 months, who then advertised her in the newspaper for FREE!!!!! The owner who surrendered her to us was the person who had got her for free and she kept her for two years. This girl had never had the money to look after her, including taking care of the flea infestation, yearly vaccinations, luxating patellas and cherry eye .... BUT .... had the nerve to say that if the rescue decided to breed her she wanted first choice of one of the pups!!! :cursing:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
This is the exact reason i couldnt be a foster mummy lol id get too close and adopt them all! Congrats on ur new addition Bellas gonna forget her past life and pain and love every minute of her new life with you xx

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bella is a lucky girl! Congrats.

Stories like this warm the cockles of my cold black heart (with regard to some humans....).

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Well some failures are bigger than others....congrats:heartsign:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Congrats! Foster failing is surely something to celebrate!
Bella is beautiful! She's the 'Sally' to your 'Linus'.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
This is her history ... was with her first owner for 18 months, who then advertised her in the newspaper for FREE!!!!! The owner who surrendered her to us was the person who had got her for free and she kept her for two years. This girl had never had the money to look after her, including taking care of the flea infestation, yearly vaccinations, luxating patellas and cherry eye .... BUT .... had the nerve to say that if the rescue decided to breed her she wanted first choice of one of the pups!!! :cursing:

For crying out loud, what is wrong with some people ........jeeesh:shout:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.