We've never heard him growl

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Yes, we've never heard Mac growl, not once. He's never growled at Cleo during play time either so I'm not sure he knows how even though I know Cleo has taught him how plenty of times. Does anyone else have a bully who's as easy going as my Mac? He's snapped one time at another bully who was picking on him at a meet up (he def needed to be neutered the little noodle!) but it was more of a quick snap and then running in between my legs crying cuz he was so scared he was gonna get a can o' whoop a** opened up on him. Everytime he saw that bully after that he would come crying back to me to "tell" on him for being nearby. Too funny my little sissy boy.

Does anyone else have a bully who's never growled?

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
My Brutus was really laid back and just very, very sweet. Loved every body
and everything (go to my page and you'll see him & my cat loving on each
other). It was very touching when after Hubby died, he stepped up to become
my Defender and would sit between me and the door or the window and bark
w/hackles raised at passerbys, etc. He chest bumped the cat from bed a couple
of times. I even posted a few times about what to do for him as he'd wake me
up (and himself) barking at 'an intruder'...scaring the he(( out of us both!

Believe me, as Mac grews up, he'll find his growl...and his inner man...watch out
Ms Cleo!

Your bullies are adorable and those pics melt my heart, please kiss & hug both
from me & CoCo...she crys for him still :(

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel doesn't bark or growl, but I think it's a throat issue. We're actually a little worried that she will be quite the talker after her surgery next week.:eek: I think the growling and barking are as individualized as our dogs are. My male bullmastiff (all 145 pounds of him) was just like Mac. He never growled and probably only barked a handful of times before he died. He was also a big baby, afraid of his shadow. Our beautiful Trixie never stopped barking. She always had something to say (whether we wanted to hear it or not). My guess is, he will be like my Norton and only "talk" when he has something valuable to say. I love sweet male dogs like your Mac. Give him a big hug for me! :)

OP
babybully

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] Oh! Mac sure is a barker don't get him wrong. He even has his own little no bark device by his kennel or he'll wake me up all night long. But the growling, nope! He's my little luv bug.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie never growled ... but she had the most remarkable look of disapproval ... couldn't mistake it!!! A growl was never necessary ......:bigeyes:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Maggie never growled ... but she had the most remarkable look of disapproval ... couldn't mistake it!!! A growl was never necessary ......:bigeyes:

I love when a dog gives me that "are you kidding me?" look. :) Do you ever find yourself trying to explain yourself to Maggie?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Do you ever find yourself trying to explain yourself to Maggie?

I wouldn't call it "explaining" ............. more like "grovelling for forgiveness" ........................ :haha:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I love when a dog gives me that "are you kidding me?" look. :) Do you ever find yourself trying to explain yourself to Maggie?

I always talk to Mila even though she is deaf and can't hear a thing I say. Sometimes I think she is faking being deaf. She will suddenly get up and growl followed by running outside barking like the crazy little white dog she is. Maybe she is sensing the coming zombie apocalypse? LOL who knows but it is better than watching a movie.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks growls all the time and that is a reason she is and will always be in training... every noise sets her off. Cheli (Frenchie) we only heard growl once and it was at Banks trying to get his bone.

Now, my sweet boy, Nitschke (passed) never ever, not once in his 7 year life, did he growl.. totally laid back and noting but a lover

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Banks growls all the time and that is a reason she is and will always be in training... every noise sets her off.

You know, I think Mr. Bo is becoming Mr. Obsessive. I've been reading up this morning on what Cesar says about "dogs who chase shadows" and the like. I want to nip this in the bud....

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You know, I think Mr. Bo is becoming Mr. Obsessive. I've been reading up this morning on what Cesar says about "dogs who chase shadows" and the like. I want to nip this in the bud....

That is her... she has such a high sensitivity to everything she hears -- low rumble/growls and then into a bark if we do not correct quick enough. She has always been this way... when we picked her up from the breeder 7 years ago her exact words were ' you got yourself a little spitfire there'

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That is her... she has such a high sensitivity to everything she hears -- low rumble/growls and then into a bark if we do not correct quick enough. She has always been this way... when we picked her up from the breeder 7 years ago her exact words were ' you got yourself a little spitfire there'

LOL@spitfire Understatement.

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah barks sometimes not often but i dont think ive ever heard her growl. she would rather attack n ask questions later :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online