Bringing home baby

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
I can't sleep lol I keep looking over her photos thinking "will she really be mine" I can't believe it lol

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
I'd be surprised if you could sleep! But you're going to miss sleeping for a while, Yellow puppy is going to have to go outside frequently during the night for a few weeks, and probably at least once a night for a few months.

I wouldn't worry too much about trying to put her in the backseat. The first ride home is very special for both of you, and it gives you some time to make a bond. I would put her whereever she is going to be close to you. The car ride might be scary for her, and the best thing will be for her to be close to you and begin to associate you with safety and cuddles. Even two and a half years later, either my husband or I will ride in the backseat with our Doggy when he goes on trips with us, even just to the pet store.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I normally would never post but one part of your post caught my eye. Have you been to the breeders to see the dogs? If not walk away. I got suckered into a "breeder" that was 3+ hours away from my house and I never went even though I was willing to make the drive since the "breeder" always had an excuse on why I couldn't come. The to make my drive "easier" she said she'd meet me so I could save on the driving time. In the end it was a puppy mill that I paid a lot of money too and after having issues with my dog (not current dog) she got very mean with me and my wife. After research she had been sued over similar problems.

Good luck but be careful. Not all people love bullies as much as true bully owners. They just look at the money end of it not the dog itself

Great post. Thank you.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Since Chunk can't sleep in our room, his crate is in the kitchen, so for the first couple months and then after he was neutered we used a baby monitor. Just the cheapiest walmart one... if your pup isn't sleeping in your room you might wanna pick one up!

OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
My son is usually in the back seat, but he wont be comeing with us as that weekend he will be at his dads =( But maybe that will be better so she has a chance to look around whith out being bombarded with everything all at once. We will probably be getting her on Saturday, then he will be coming home Sunday, so it wont be to bad right?
She will be sleeping near my bed at night, so I can hear her if she has to go potty or anything. Make sure that Herbie the cat dosent torment her lol Our cat Minnie is pretty laid back, but Herbie likes to belive that he is king of the castle. He's the baby right now, so he may have been a wee bit spoiled lol He isnt afraid of anything I dont think lol
I need to start making a list too lol Of stuff I need to do and get before she gets here.
How often do you clean the wrinkles and tail pockets if they have one? I was watching youtube videos on grooming, and one lady said she cleans the tail pocket 3 times per bath. Dosent that dry them out and make them itchy though? Is it better to use soap or just water? I was also wondering, because I keep hearing diffrent things about brushes, what is better a zoom groom kinda brush or a furminator?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
CONGRATULATIONS ..... I can tell that you might be just a little bit excited??? :2thumbs:

I wouldn't worry too much about a harness right now ..... I'd wait until she's had all her vaccinations and then carry her into a pet store, or go online and measure her up. It's not like you can take her outside for a walk until she's had all her shots, and in those first few weeks they seem to shoot upwards and outwards quite a bit!!!

First of all, decide what food you are going to feed her. And find out what food she is on. You're going to need to know what food she's on so you have a supply of it. If it's a good food then keep her on it, if not you want to think about a slow transition to a good food. Here's our recommeded list and their ratings ..... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?219-Dog-Food-Ratings

Then I'd get maybe some baby wipes for sensitive skins .. no perfume etc. Just get those .. because you won't know how bad your bully baby's tail pockets or wrinkles, nose rope etc really are. Not until you've got them home!!!

So don't panic and just get the basics .... plenty of time to get into the nitty gritty of things after she's home.

Crate
Blankets
Food
Baby Wipes
Puppy Pads - if you're going to use them

I think that is all you need for the first day or so!!! Then get it as you need it.

NOW ... ON TO THE MOST IMPORTANT THING OF ALL

What's her name going to be???????????????????????????????? :2thumbs:

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I can't find a photo of a yellow bulldog anywhere in this thread! Congratulations on your first bullie pup. But beware, many of us could not stop at just one!

Last edited:
OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Thanks, yeah. I'm a wee bit excited lol
I feed my current critters earthborn, and read on here that it was a good brand. So I'm going to switch her to one of the grain free options.
I have been going over names with my boyfriend, my sister, and my son lol I want something old fashion but that can be shortened to something still cute.
I have photos of her on my phone so I will have to upload them to my computer lol She is a little brindle and white girl, with a cute little bum lol
Oh, and I forgot to add that I want a harness for her when we pick her up so when we take her out on our way home. Better safe than sorry. Don't want her running in the road. Would a slip lead work for now?

Last edited:
OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Ok, on a whim I thought I would try to upload the pics from my phone. Hope it worked ok lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 48

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Edit* oops I meant to quote the baby monitor reply:

Aww so cute and a really good idea!

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OP
PsychoPixie

PsychoPixie

Feb 16, 2013
U.P of MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Eloise M.Wigglebottom
Thanks.
not to be weird, but I love her cute little bum :) squeeee

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Wow, [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] provided you with a huge list. I will only add the caution not to take a potty break at a much used rest stop. You don't want to put your baby down on ground frequently used by other dogs until she has had all of her shots--in about 4 + months!

Excellent advice!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online