Meet Buster. Miss Tallulah's soon to be baby brother!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Buster 1.jpgBuster 3.jpgBuster 2.jpg

We are so excited!!!:happydance::happydance:

Miss Tallulah will be getting a baby Bully brother in March. Meet Buster. These pics were taken last week. They have the same dad -Matrix. Miss T looks like her mom-Sapphire and I think Buster is going to look like their dad. Both Matrix and Betty- Buster's mom have gentle sweet dispositions and so the two sibs should get along fine. I just want to thank everyone who answered all my questions about getting another Bully. You all were so awesome and really helped me with my decision. Buster goes for a medical next week to be sure all is well and then at 8 weeks he will be coming to our home. :jumpdance: (more pics to come sometime this week)

Here is a pic of Dad. Matrix. matrixshow.JPG

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww he is beautiful. Congratulations on Buster, you must be so excited. Tallulah and Buster will be fine together, I also have a brother and sister and they get along great. Enjoy, and share lots of pictures of your 2 when you get him.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
He is so cute! You must be so excited to get him! Congrats on the new addition!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Having two is great! I didn't know what I was missing tell I got two!

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Thanks so much! Kim and I are so excited. It will be interesting to go through all the puppy hood stuff all over again. If anyone has any advice on the best way to introduce Miss T and Buster to each other I would really appreciate hearing from you. I am entering uncharted territory here. Miss T still has has her crate though I never close it any more because she just goes in and sleeps when she is tired. I do keep her in a restricted area when Kim and I are at work but because he works evenings and I work days she is usually never alone for more than 2-3 hours and she just happily sleeps in her crate.She sleeps with us in bed at night. I will be getting a crate for Buster because crates make potty training so much easier and I think it makes a pup feel secure to have their own safe place. Should I put their crates near each other? And it makes sense the first few months Buster will sleep in his crate beside our bed like T did. I would drag her crate into the bedroom at night and place it beside my bedside so if she whimpered I could drop my hand by the opening in the blanket at the front of her crate to let her know I was still there and everything was OK. Not sure we could swing 2 Bullies on our bed. Kim is almost 300 lbs and Miss T is already a total bed hog. I cling to a tiny corner _ another Bulldog in bed with us and I would be the one sleeping on the floor. :nope: I haven't thought about what to do at feeding time- how far apart should their dishes be? Should they be fed separately while he is a puppy? training ? (separately probably makes sense but what do I do with the other Bully when training?) It is still going to be too cold to put anyoneone outside for any time at all until end of April. What about leash walking. Separately at first or can they walk together right from the start? T is a good loose leash walker. A million questions I know. I just want to do the right thing from the start to make it all go smoothly and have them become good buddies. This is all so new to me. I have never had 2 dogs before :laugh:
ps: I am now an official Bully addict. My friends are all calling me the crazy Bulldog lady. (They don't know what they are missing.:ROFL:)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh he is simply gorgeous!! :luv:

Introducing a puppy is different to introducing an adult dog. She will realise this is a baby and should be ok with her new baby brother!

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Just got new pic of Buster. Taken today. Be still my beating heart.....

Buster.jpg

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Oh he is simply gorgeous!! :luv:

Introducing a puppy is different to introducing an adult dog. She will realise this is a baby and should be ok with her new baby brother!

Thanks. That is reassuring. I have always thought dogs are for the most part pretty tolerant of pups and will put up with a little bit and still be gentle.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Congratulations on your handsome boy Buster. We took our 6 year old Ruggles with us when we picked up our puppy (also Buster). So that is where they met. Ruggles is very gentle with Buster, but he also lets him know when he is tired of being chewed on and climbed on! We feed the baby in another room because Ruggles inhales his food and Buster chews his and actually stops eating when he is full. I won't take Buster on a walk until he has all of his shots. I got a harness for him and we'll start working with him here at home!

OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Congratulations on your handsome boy Buster. We took our 6 year old Ruggles with us when we picked up our puppy (also Buster). So that is where they met. Ruggles is very gentle with Buster, but he also lets him know when he is tired of being chewed on and climbed on! We feed the baby in another room because Ruggles inhales his food and Buster chews his and actually stops eating when he is full. I won't take Buster on a walk until he has all of his shots. I got a harness for him and we'll start working with him here at home!
I won't let Buster out for a walk until he has all his shots either. Too much of a risk when we don't know all the dogs in the area. Maybe separate rooms to feed Buster at first makes sense. Buster will be flown here. The breeder is not comfortable with us driving him home since it would be 2 full days to get home. . I am getting very excited and much less nervous as I hear from everyone. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Much appreciated.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I wouldn't worry too Much about them getting along. Mimi accepted Tank the 75 lb neglected foster dog. She accepted Tyler when we brought him into the family. After Tyler passed, she accepted Rudy into our house. She even accepted Hank when we babysat him. Rudy had no Problems accepting Mila the "Crazy Little White Dog" into the house.

picture is Mimi, Tyler and Hank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 121
OP
Tooleysmom

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
The pic of Mimi, Tyler and Hank is adorable. They all look so happy. Some one said earlier that Bulldogs like the company of Bulldogs and it seems to be right on. I really hope they can be good company for each other. I think they will be. So many of the EBN members have more than one Bully. There has to be something to it. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.