Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh wow this really chaps my hide, I would tell the breeder to go directly to the police!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I can truly feel your pain, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Thank you for keeping Maddie in your prayers!!!!

Leesa, forgive me for hijacking your post, didn't mean to.

As you can tell, it's an unhealed wound in my heart, not so much for myself
but for my dear boys who, I'm sure, felt abandoned, bewildered & scared.
For no GOOD reason, that kill shelter KILLED beloved pets who had loving
owners and a great life...WHY?!!

Dear Hubby finally just picked me & Mother up and took us to Tyler as I refused
to leave them...they lived inside w/us, it just broke my heart. To this day, I can't
think about it, was so monstrous WHAT happened to them. As a Christian, I'm
trying to forgive my family but it's very difficult.

Hearing what happened to your Maddie just brought it all back.

If you decide to kick some a$$, please call me, I'll be glad to join in & help you!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh wow this really chaps my hide, I would tell the breeder to go directly to the police!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

She is out of town right now and is ending her trip to head home and get things worked out and bring Maddie home ... she is very angry and not one to mess with when she is angry so they will release Maddie or the cops will be there to take her ... she has the legal ownership paperwork so they have to let her have her back.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava

Leesa, forgive me for hijacking your post, didn't mean to.

As you can tell, it's an unhealed wound in my heart, not so much for myself
but for my dear boys who, I'm sure, felt abandoned, bewildered & scared.
For no GOOD reason, that kill shelter KILLED beloved pets who had loving
owners and a great life...WHY?!!

Dear Hubby finally just picked me & Mother up and took us to Tyler as I refused
to leave them...they lived inside w/us, it just broke my heart. To this day, I can't
think about it, was so monstrous WHAT happened to them. As a Christian, I'm
trying to forgive my family but it's very difficult.

Hearing what happened to your Maddie just brought it all back.

If you decide to kick some a$$, please call me, I'll be glad to join in & help you!

:hug: you didn't hijack the conversation, you shared your understanding of my pain through what happened to you and it touches my heart that you would share your pain with me that way ... that's what brings us together as friends!!! :buddies:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I feel so bad for you, and that your going through this, especially that you are blaming yourself. Don't do that because it is not your fault Hun, and you were just trying to be a good friend, and thought she genuinely wanted a pet Bulldog, plus her sons were in love with Maddie, and her with them, and even though you loved Maddie, you saw that she missed the boys and was happier with them, so you did the unselfish thing and let her go, thinking she would be happier. You couldn't have guessed or foreseen that she would do this, so don't be so hard on yourself. That women cannot be a good friend, because she doesn't know what it is to be one, she is selfish, shallow, and and a follower, who seems to care only about herself and uses people for what she can get. You be proud of who you are, and the kind of friend you are, you are a kind, caring and loving person, with a big heart for your friends and for animals as well. I would much rather know a person like you than the other any day, so don't feel bad or guilty, I know once the breeder shows the ownership papers, she will be returned, and be back soon. And I'm of the thought that what goes around comes around, and that woman will get hers one day.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Police, local papers, news station!!!!!!! Most shelters r so over populated that they say they have "no choice" but to kill, spin it as a human interest story!!!!! If it were me I would contact anyone I could n just tell them the story someone is going to go with it!!!!!! Either that or threaten with a lawyer (have an actual lawyers name ready to throw out) most places hate lawyers n will accommodate if they feel legal issues r eminent!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Aww I feel so bad for you, and that your going through this, especially that you are blaming yourself. Don't do that because it is not your fault Hun, and you were just trying to be a good friend, and thought she genuinely wanted a pet Bulldog, plus her sons were in love with Maddie, and her with them, and even though you loved Maddie, you saw that she missed the boys and was happier with them, so you did the unselfish thing and let her go, thinking she would be happier. You couldn't have guessed or foreseen that she would do this, so don't be so hard on yourself. That women cannot be a good friend, because she doesn't know what it is to be one, she is selfish, shallow, and and a follower, who seems to care only about herself and uses people for what she can get. You be proud of who you are, and the kind of friend you are, you are a kind, caring and loving person, with a big heart for your friends and for animals as well. I would much rather know a person like you than the other any day, so don't feel bad or guilty, I know once the breeder shows the ownership papers, she will be returned, and be back soon. And I'm of the thought that what goes around comes around, and that woman will get hers one day.

great big :hug: thank you so much for that message :crying: it made me cry but for a good reason ... friends like the friends I'm making here on EBN is what makes my world a good place!!!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Police, local papers, news station!!!!!!! Most shelters r so over populated that they say they have "no choice" but to kill, spin it as a human interest story!!!!! If it were me I would contact anyone I could n just tell them the story someone is going to go with it!!!!!! Either that or threaten with a lawyer (have an actual lawyers name ready to throw out) most places hate lawyers n will accommodate if they feel legal issues r eminent!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my uncle is a corporate lawyer so I can call him and he will call and put the right amount of fear in them if they don't release Maddie but I'm sure her breeder is going to get the job done she is already driving home.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You're very welcome, and don't feel bad. All will work out, and you will see Maddie again, I'm praying for you and her and sending hugs and love.

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
my uncle is a corporate lawyer so I can call him and he will call and put the right amount of fear in them if they don't release Maddie but I'm sure her breeder is going to get the job done she is already driving home.

If you can't work things out on your own, I'd definitely recommend pursuing this course of action and enlisting the help of your uncle. Though I can't speak to whether or not the shelter is acting within the confines of the law, as an attorney myself I can attest to the fact that much can be accomplished through a simple phone call. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you appeal to your friend's logical side and urge her to be steadfast but calm. Going into the shelter looking for a fight is just going to cause more frustration, leave the workers less inclined to want to help, and ultimately complicate the situation.

Best of luck. Let us know how it works out.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
If you can't work things out on your own, I'd definitely recommend pursuing this course of action and enlisting the help of your uncle. Though I can't speak to whether or not the shelter is acting within the confines of the law, as an attorney myself I can attest to the fact that much can be accomplished through a simple phone call. In the meantime, I'd suggest that you appeal to your friend's logical side and urge her to be steadfast but calm. Going into the shelter looking for a fight is just going to cause more frustration, leave the workers less inclined to want to help, and ultimately complicate the situation.

Best of luck. Let us know how it works out.

I didn't even think of that, thank you for the great advice ... she is going to talk to the manager and is taking the paperwork to back that she is the legal owner but I will definitely talk to her about staying calm and go in with the right attitude so they realize she doesn't want to fight with them she just is desperate to get her pet back.

ame16

Oct 18, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Eleanor ('Elly')
Where are you located, btw? I have an attorney friend based out of Sacramento. I discussed this situation with him, and he indicated that he'd be willing to help out (pro bono) if your friend and uncle aren't able to make any headway.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Tell her to take an officer with her and demand her pet back - lie and say she was lost or stolen anything to get her back!
I don't condone lying or cheating but you do what you got to do to get your Madison back home where she belongs!
I will be praying and please keep us updated!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Where are you located, btw? I have an attorney friend based out of Sacramento. I discussed this situation with him, and he indicated that he'd be willing to help out (pro bono) if your friend and uncle aren't able to make any headway.

I live about 4 hours from Sacramento but this is happening in Humboldt County (Eureka)

Most Reactions