Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I try to be a nice person, I try to help people when I can, I try to always look for a good in every situation and I try to always be a good person but I am so angry right now I think my head is going to explode!!!! This is going to be a long post, please forgive me:

My friend who breeds bulldogs is the most wonderful caring person ever, she takes care of her bulldogs with such love and devotion and each and every one of them mean the world to her!! I have been lucky enough to be trusted enough to do co-ownership agreements with her in the past. The first time was with Diesel's mom, my beautiful Madison (Maddie MooMoo) and I love this girl soooo very much well about 4-1/2 years ago I had to go out of town so I asked a person I thought was a friend (you will understand this more as you read) to babysit Maddie & Attitudee while I was gone which she did, she has 2 small sons which she asked me to be the God mother to and I accepted well when I returned home and picked up the girls and got them home, Madison went into this depression from missing the boys, she would no longer sleep in the bed with me, she would lay on the floor and whine it was really actually very sad to watch her go though this but every single time she would see the boys she would perk up and was so happy and the girl I thought was my friend said she wanted a bulldog so bad but they couldn't afford the upfront money to buy one care/vet bills would not have been a problem etc so I talked to my friend that is the breeder and she agreed to write up a contract to let Madison live with my other friend ... started out as a happy ever after situation. I moved 3 hours away to where I am living now 4 years ago and it was really upsetting for me that I was an out of site out of mind person to her after I moved but once in a blue moon would be able to talk with her. This is were the ANGRY :cursing: really ANGRY part comes in ... I got a frantic tearful phone call this afternoon from my friend who bred Madison and she said that someone told her Madison was in the pound she was so upset she didn't know what to do so she called to find out if I knew anything about this ... which I had no clue and I can not even explain how mad I am that a person I trusted with the life of a dog I love could do something so hateful!!! It has been confirmed it is Madison and the shelter staff is being very rude and downright disrespectful and won't release Madison to her breeder :cursing: even though she said she has her AKC papers, which she does, Madison is still registered to her, her microchip is still in her kennels name and she has a signed Co-Ownership Contract Agreement. They say she has to wait 2 weeks while Madison is checked by vets and released for adoption, she will have to fill out an application and be approved and pay the fee to adopt her. I am so hurt and angry with the one I thought was a friend, I just don't understand why she would do this!!!! She knew all it would have taken was a simple phone call and I would have picked Madison up no questions asked but she tossed her into the shelter ... A KILL SHELTER ... at that, like Madison is yesterdays trash. If this so called friend knocked on my door right now I would seriously beat the bleep out of her, and that is no joke! I want to make her feel pain and make her suffer like poor little Madison is right now, knowing she is scared and alone with all the other barking shelter dogs .... she is such a sweet loving dog I just do not understand!!!!! I'm not sure I will ever get over this but thank you for letting me vent and get that off my chest before my blood pressure blows my head off my shoulders :crying:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Whoa...............that's a jagged pill indeed

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
OMG... That is awful and I don't blame you at all. I don't understand why the breeder does not have automatic rights to Maddie if she has the contract. I guess I don't understand the laws well enough but it is a very unfortunate situation and I hope she is released from that shelter ASAP! On the bright side, thank goodness you were notified that Maddie is there and hopefully everything will work out fine.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
OMG... That is awful and I don't blame you at all. I don't understand why the breeder does not have automatic rights to Maddie if she has the contract. I guess I don't understand the laws well enough but it is a very unfortunate situation and I hope she is released from that shelter ASAP! On the bright side, thank goodness you were notified that Maddie is there and hopefully everything will work out fine.

we wouldn't have been after the story the B*itch told the shelter they weren't going to call but another friend of ours saw the picture of the bulldog and asked us innocently enough if we knew the poor bulldog in the picture just because she knows how much we love bulldogs.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY crap that is horrendous.... can you get past the phone answerer and get in touch with management or someone higher at the shelter??

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
HOLY crap that is horrendous.... can you get past the phone answerer and get in touch with management or someone higher at the shelter??

she is going to go there with paperwork in hand .. AKC Registration, Co-Ownership Contract Agreement & Microchip Registration .. hopefully she will be able to use those to get her out since Maddie was dropped off by someone else and she is still the legal owner.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
OMG. That is so heartbreaking, and sad. Why would she do something like that? Especially if she had her as a co- owner , all she had to do is call the breeder, or you and return the dog. No matter what her reason for not wanting Maddison a anymore, she must have known that one of you would have taken her back. That's awful. Poor Maddy she must feel so alone and abandoned. If your former friend wanted a bulldog so much, how can you just give her away and turn your back on her? Especially to a shelter , she could have called you, the breeder, or it would have even been better to call a bully rescue, why a shelter? And just dump her off. I don't blame you for being mad. Hopefully the breeder can get her back ASAP , and she can come back home to a loving place. Please keep us posted, and hoping everything works out. Hugs and prayers for Maddie.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh man that is horrible. I think I would be crawling out of my skin. I think the breeder should tell them she wants her bully now and if they won't release her I'd go to the police and say she was stolen and they will not give her back. I hope the breeder can get her back, poor baby girl.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am so sorry this is happening to you & your friend, how horrible!

A year ago, we moved 5 hrs away (for Hubby's job), we had 3-100 lb dogs
and my 13 y/o cat. We leased a house, not many available in that town and
we finally had to take one...the owner refused the dogs living there even in
the fenced back yard. I begged my brother & 2 sisters, all w/pets & fenced
yards to foster them as I looked for homes, no go! Our golden was 5 & we'd
had him from 8 wks old, a gift from me to Hubby (his breeder would not take
him back or help find a home), I was lucky enough to place him on a 100 acre
ranch w/a woman who had 2 golden mixes, a friend of a friend. That left my
2 Catahoulas, brothers that when my Sister went to Iran to teach English to the
troops for 2 yrs and was going to turn them over to a shelter, I stepped in and
took them, they were a year old & I'd had them 2 yrs. I called that same sister
to keep them as I was trying to find a home to adopt both of them-she refused!

A new neighbor called the city & reported them as abandoned and picked them
up. My son who was wking 6 day work wk, 12-14 hr days was coming at 5 am
(dark) at lunch and at 9pm to feed & water them. Our neighbors except for the
new ones that called, knew this. It took the City 2 & 1/2 wks to complete their
investigation & find us innocent. The City Pound had them...they said they'd been
adopted but I knew in my heart they'd euthanized them. Y'all know what all has
happened 3 months after that so I haven't still yet decided what to do. I want to
sue them, not for the money but to show everyone the WRONG they did. They too,
were on a power trip, treated me as a criminal (altho I had a Vet & care records),
neighbors who testified on our behalf, and no evidence the dogs were mistreated
or abandoned. They would tell me nothing and it was a kind volunteer (by phone,
we were still 5 hrs away) that told me they had closed their file (they've never told
me WHAT happened to them) but breading between her lines, I knew they'd killed
them.

I will keep all y'all & sweet, dear bully in my heart and in fervent prayers! Love, Carol

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
OMG. That is so heartbreaking, and sad. Why would she do something like that? Especially if she had her as a co- owner , all she had to do is call the breeder, or you and return the dog. No matter what her reason for not wanting Maddison a anymore, she must have known that one of you would have taken her back. That's awful. Poor Maddy she must feel so alone and abandoned. If your former friend wanted a bulldog so much, how can you just give her away and turn your back on her? Especially to a shelter , she could have called you, the breeder, or it would have even been better to call a bully rescue, why a shelter? And just dump her off. I don't blame you for being mad. Hopefully the breeder can get her back ASAP , and she can come back home to a loving place. Please keep us posted, and hoping everything works out. Hugs and prayers for Maddie.

I have been sitting here trying to figure that out! sometimes I just hate hind sight because it is always as I've heard 20/20 and I can see that with her my so called friend she is a the type of person that reinvents herself to be better liked and/or loved something I watched her go through with her first "best friend" in the group when that person went through a divorce and started going out partying LG went with her and ended up leaving her own husband to live the single life with her so called "best friend" that is about when I entered into the group (through work) the "best friend" got fired and that's when LG and I started talking more and hanging out, she divorced her first husband and was instantly in a new relationship because she can't be alone (from my observation) ended up getting remarried the same month her divorce was final ... so now I'm her new "best friend" so what I like to do is what she now likes to do and even then my life revolved around work & bulldogs!! so she studied and took the test to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician (yes that's what I do for a living!) and also became involved in animal activities with me. Now let me add when I make friends I don't fake friendship I am a true and loyal friend come hell or high waters I will be there for my friends ... wish everyone (i.e. LG) felt the same way! so this is were hind sight comes in ... I love bulldogs so that is why LG loved bulldogs .... so not the right reason!!!! When I moved, she basically completely forgot about me and attached herself to her new "best friend" and bulldogs were no longer something she loved. I know the boys are probably sad that Maddie is gone but I'm sure she doesn't care and like kids do they will get over it. I hate that I fell for it and I am so mad at myself for not seeing this before Maddie had to suffer!!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh man that is horrible. I think I would be crawling out of my skin. I think the breeder should tell them she wants her bully now and if they won't release her I'd go to the police and say she was stolen and they will not give her back. I hope the breeder can get her back, poor baby girl.

she will take the paperwork if that doesn't work she is going to contact her lawyer ... I'm sure she will do what ever it takes, her dogs are her life!!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would go to the police and if that didnt work get a lawyer asap and get her out of there! It just kills me what people can do to animals! A bully in her later years should be loved and spoiled not treated like trash!

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I am so sorry this is happening to you & your friend, how horrible!

A year ago, we moved 5 hrs away (for Hubby's job), we had 3-100 lb dogs
and my 13 y/o cat. We leased a house, not many available in that town and
we finally had to take one...the owner refused the dogs living there even in
the fenced back yard. I begged my brother & 2 sisters, all w/pets & fenced
yards to foster them as I looked for homes, no go! Our golden was 5 & we'd
had him from 8 wks old, a gift from me to Hubby (his breeder would not take
him back or help find a home), I was lucky enough to place him on a 100 acre
ranch w/a woman who had 2 golden mixes, a friend of a friend. That left my
2 Catahoulas, brothers that when my Sister went to Iran to teach English to the
troops for 2 yrs and was going to turn them over to a shelter, I stepped in and
took them, they were a year old & I'd had them 2 yrs. I called that same sister
to keep them as I was trying to find a home to adopt both of them-she refused!

A new neighbor called the city & reported them as abandoned and picked them
up. My son who was wking 6 day work wk, 12-14 hr days was coming at 5 am
(dark) at lunch and at 9pm to feed & water them. Our neighbors except for the
new ones that called, knew this. It took the City 2 & 1/2 wks to complete their
investigation & find us innocent. The City Pound had them...they said they'd been
adopted but I knew in my heart they'd euthanized them. Y'all know what all has
happened 3 months after that so I haven't still yet decided what to do. I want to
sue them, not for the money but to show everyone the WRONG they did. They too,
were on a power trip, treated me as a criminal (altho I had a Vet & care records),
neighbors who testified on our behalf, and no evidence the dogs were mistreated
or abandoned. They would tell me nothing and it was a kind volunteer (by phone,
we were still 5 hrs away) that told me they had closed their file (they've never told
me WHAT happened to them) but breading between her lines, I knew they'd killed
them.

I will keep all y'all & sweet, dear bully in my heart and in fervent prayers! Love, Carol

I can truly feel your pain, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Thank you for keeping Maddie in your prayers!!!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.