Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Stroller recommendations?

Anyone out there have a stroller that they love for their bullies? I need one for Princess. I feel so bad leaving her home when I take the other two for a walk. She will only walk maybe 100 yards then be done! I was debating between a wagon and a stroller but I think the stroller will be easier to take for a walk. I've seen a few online but before spending a good amount of $$ I would love to hear your recommendations first, and even recommendations on wagons as well will be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stroller recommendations?

I think a wagon would work, and they aren't that expensive , or you could get one of those jogging strollers, that you use for kids, or the ones that can hook onto the back of a bicycle.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I purchased one for Bella about 2 years ago & it has been great. It fold flats, so it can go in the car. I take it to the dog park and w/the big wheels it handles the grass/gravel without problems. Bella can play & explore all she wants - because she has a "ride" back to the car. I hated when we'd go to the dog park and I'd have to limit her activity - because once exhausted and her hip started hurting - walking back to the car was not her priority. I purchased mine on-line from Wal-Mart (check Amazon too) >> http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pet-Gear-I...-Dogs/12438480. Current cost is $182 w/free shipping. It comes assembled, just open and put the handle on. It's also great when we go to public outings like farmers market etc. There are 2 mesh zipper openings - front & top. I can zip-up the front cover to enclose her - but leave the top zipper open so she can see/smell (and get pets) She's safe from other dogs & accidental bumps & hits and gets to lay down in comfort. I really feel like the investment has added to a better life quality for Bella. She's not limited to where her legs/hips can take her & we get to spend lots of time out-and-about. Also, this stroller is low enough to the ground that Bella can get herself into the buggy or if she's having a really bad day - I can give her a little rear lift to help her in (back wheels lock). At 62 lbs, I can't lift her by myself. I highly recommend this stroller - it's been great for us & other than a spray of WD40 for a squeaking wheel - never had any problems! Hope this helps.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@RedmondLiving thank you so much! That was one of the ones I was looking at but wasn't 100%.... I think I'm gonna end up getting this one! Really appreciate the reply!
    @Vikinggirl thank you for the reply! I was thinking of a wagon but I think after awhile that would be uncomfortable pulling, I was also looking at a stroller that can be a bike hookup, I really like the idea of having that option! Appreciate the reply!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@mcraven2 - I was going to recommend the one RedmondLiving said, that is the one I plan to get for Diesel & Molly, they can't keep up with the walks that Ally needs to take.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

We bought a red wagon (radio flyer) with rails. Since Fergus is still a baby we use the wagon to take him on walks with his big brother Guinness (lab). Works great hold up to 150 lbs. We laid a shower mat on the bottom to prevent slipping and towels to keep him warm. Here is a link http://www.target.com/p/radio-flyer-..._qi_detaillink
    Plus my husband doesnt mind pulling it .
    Last edited by Ashleym; 02-15-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Real Name
    Lois
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Max
    Likes (Received)

I use a wagon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I bought a folding wagon for when Lola was little and its hard to pull straight and I would much rather have that stroller! Some day I might have to get me one too!

Remove Ads