hes really testing my patience!!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Since Meekos been neutered hes seriously testing my patience!! He has gone from being an angel dog to a terror. Hes become sooo hyper active constantly. Hes become disobediant (or completely deaf!!) he wont listen to anything you say or command him to do. He for some reason keeps jumpin up on the wall to the flower bed out the garden and diggin the mud up. But he knows hes doing wrong because as soon as i call him or look at him he stops jumps down and runs in with his head down to his naughty corner. He jumps up on the furniture as if he owns the place. Hes driving me mad i seriously wish i never got him done its been since 2days after his op this behaviour change (its now day 9)
i thought they were supposed to calm down not go wild!

Ive started agaim with all trainin making him do simple commands hand feedin some of his food making him sit stay etc putting him for time outs, making him know its wrong when he jumps up on stuff but hes just become a little :poo: :cursing:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well his hormones are going nuts right know. It will get better, just keep doing what you are doing and keep training him and letting him know when he is doing wrong. Buddy is almost 4 years old and we just recently had him done, and it's like he is going through his second childhood. He is starting to settle down a bit but at first he was a wildman, playing and just acting a fool. So just be patient, he will get better, just stay on him.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
you've gotten good advice already, I was going to say going back to basics too :hug: it will get better, hang in there :)

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Thanks all im glad its not just me goin thru this! Hes driving me mad.. It said on google it will last about 3 months.. Oh dear! X

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Depending how old he is, you will also have his adolences to go thru...

Here's a blurb i copied on that subject... "Like most animal behaviorists, I consider the period from seven to 12 months as being adolescence for most dogs. (The larger breeds mature slower so their adolescence falls later.) As in humans, adolescence is a bridge or transition between youth and adulthood. Because all dogs have their own personality and breed-specific traits, adolescence manifests somewhat differently in each. Nonetheless, most dogs exhibit at least some of these common adolescent traits: selective hearing; refusal to do previously learned commands; reversion to puppy behaviors such as mouthiness, destructive chewing, jumping and barking; lapses in housebreaking and just about anything else to drive their guardian insane. The good news is that this period in a dog's life doesn't last long; the bad news is that it isn't short enough."

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Depending how old he is, you will also have his adolences to go thru...

Here's a blurb i copied on that subject... "Like most animal behaviorists, I consider the period from seven to 12 months as being adolescence for most dogs. (The larger breeds mature slower so their adolescence falls later.) As in humans, adolescence is a bridge or transition between youth and adulthood. Because all dogs have their own personality and breed-specific traits, adolescence manifests somewhat differently in each. Nonetheless, most dogs exhibit at least some of these common adolescent traits: selective hearing; refusal to do previously learned commands; reversion to puppy behaviors such as mouthiness, destructive chewing, jumping and barking; lapses in housebreaking and just about anything else to drive their guardian insane. The good news is that this period in a dog's life doesn't last long; the bad news is that it isn't short enough."

:goodpost:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

OP
MeekosMummy

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] ... He is 7 and a half months old now
[MENTION=3990]gracoliv[/MENTION] ... Thats great info thanks i think its gonna be a lot of hard work over the next few months.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
@Baconator ... He is 7 and a half months old now
@gracoliv ... Thats great info thanks i think its gonna be a lot of hard work over the next few months.

He is probably just going through a phase as well as the hormone changes, Bacon would go through phases of psycho dog too. He is 14 months now and has calmed down a little but he is in a stubborn and whiney phase. He's also been testing his role in the pack by not following commands.
'

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.