cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Last night, right before bedtime, Tate and Finn were on my bed. Finn started licking Tate's private parts, then the two would playfully bump into each other, jumping high against one another, almost doing what i'd describe as a "dance"; then it would happen again with Tate now licking Finn "down there", and then another playful "dance" together. At times they would playfully chase one another while doing the licking in between. There was nothing aggressive about the interaction really...seemed friendly...but very out of character for them! Is it b/c of their ages (2 years old)? like a puberty stage they're going thru perhaps? I'm very curious.
At one point Finn was vigorously licking Tate's inner thighs and I'm just going, what the heck??!! :ashamed:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Last night, right before bedtime, Tate and Finn were on my bed. Finn started licking Tate's private parts, then the two would playfully bump into each other, jumping high against one another, almost doing what i'd describe as a "dance"; then it would happen again with Tate now licking Finn "down there", and then another playful "dance" together. At times they would playfully chase one another while doing the licking in between. There was nothing aggressive about the interaction really...seemed friendly...but very out of character for them! Is it b/c of their ages (2 years old)? like a puberty stage they're going thru perhaps? I'm very curious.
At one point Finn was vigorously licking Tate's inner thighs and I'm just going, what the heck??!! :ashamed:

:hmm:

Note to self....
Jake can't come over for that playdate after all...

:eek:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So, do you think I need to get my boys some professional help ASAP??! [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], i thought you were going to tell me that Jake does this all the time w/Dena Dog. Now i'm really worried! :*( I should've videotaped it so you guys can see but i was too frozen with shock and wonder to move!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, well boys will be boys, I guess that's better than fighting. :2thumbs:

sstewart2010

Dec 10, 2012
Garden City, Michigan, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Leroy
Lol, we live with my in-laws right now and they have a male Irish Wolfhound. Leroy seems to lick his privates EVERY chance he gets! It really icks me out and I shoo him away whenever I can. Like some one else said here before "boys will be boys". I just hope they grow out of it someday...

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
all my boys are doing that to each other also (minus the courtship dance)! Oliver and Sebastian are 2 and Remy is 1 so I"m thinking it is a puberty thing.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
OMG! crazy. If it makes you feel any better Remi humps everything. It's driving me crazy, and we got him neutered last month.

Really wish I could offer more advice!!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
all my boys are doing that to each other also (minus the courtship dance)! Oliver and Sebastian are 2 and Remy is 1 so I"m thinking it is a puberty thing.

Rather relieved to hear that, Kim!
I swear, watching Finn "attack" Tate's thighs like that...just devouring it and Tate enjoying the process, was a wee bit concerning on my part. But then again, I'm seeing it from my slighty uptight, human perspective. :faint:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG! crazy. If it makes you feel any better Remi humps everything. It's driving me crazy, and we got him neutered last month.

Really wish I could offer more advice!!!

thanks, Just knowing others are going thru it too is helpful!

Finn is almost two yo and he was neutered at 7months and in the past 2 weeks he has been "air humping" quite vigorously. I'm just going to chalk it up to adolesence and leave it at that b/c otherwise he's been fairly "normal".

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7345]sstewart2010[/MENTION], when I have visitors over and they have the "opportunity" of witnessing my boys go at it, that's what i'm going to say, "boys will be boys!" :whistle:

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Ha! My Bruno is 2.5 years old (neutered at 8 months) is licking Gidget's (not neutered 5 months old) lady bits!!! I'm confused at Bru's behaviour too. I have caught Gidgi licking his boy bits too!!! Makes me all icky and I shoo them away from each other. He seems to be very interested in that area?? Question: When you neuter a male dog does it take away the urge?? I have caught him kinda trying to do the mount thing too (unsuccessfully mind you). Gidget won't have a bar of it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Ha! My Bruno is 2.5 years old (neutered at 8 months) is licking Gidget's (not neutered 5 months old) lady bits!!! I'm confused at Bru's behaviour too. I have caught Gidgi licking his boy bits too!!! Makes me all icky and I shoo them away from each other. He seems to be very interested in that area?? Question: When you neuter a male dog does it take away the urge?? I have caught him kinda trying to do the mount thing too (unsuccessfully mind you). Gidget won't have a bar of it.

Does it take away the urge...Unm NO!! Vegas is famous on here for being a humper and he was neutered at a very young age, he is almost 4 and still will try occasionally, he has calmed down A LOT this last year, but up until a little over 3 he humped everyone that walked in the front door.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.