Bulldogs, they make you laugh.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
My frustration with Remi has taken a turn I never expected. He can be difficult, but usuallly he listens without much question and follows me around. With him though, it's really all or nothing. If he's in a mood, you're not going to get much out of him unless you give him a timeout or start doing obedience training with him and distract him all together. So all in all, his obedience training is going super well, so when he is feeling more ornery, it doesn't impact me as much. But what's really happening is that he makes me laugh. Hysterically. The control freak in me would never have believed this is possible.

Today while we were in my office (which is basically a small spare bedroom), Remi was going nuts and being restless. I knew I had to take him for a walk for sure, but I needed TEN MINUTES to finish what I was doing to get to a stopping point.

He kept jumping on all the furniture. And by jumping I mean, putting his front paws on all the stuff and scratching it all up. On the small black table. On my window. On my desk. Scratching up all my stuff! :bitching::bitching::bitching:

I was being so patient. I should get a gold star or something. It was all, "Remi, sweety, get down." Up until about the 50th time in a 5 minute period. Finally I grabbed Remi by the collar, pulled him down off the black table and looked him square in the eyes and said, "Remi. No. Just give me 10 minutes or else!!"
Well, Remi called my bluff on the "else" part. Not 5 seconds after I let him go, he LEAPT ONTO THE TABLE AND WAS STANDING ON TOP OF IT. !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The defiance on his face was freakin' priceless!!

I really wanted to be mad, but I just couldn't. It was too funny. I'll tell you what... Remi sure has some balls! Hahaha!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hahahah SO true! I hate when I'm mad at them but they do something to make you laugh! I wish you had pictures of him on the table!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
It has been said you don't get the dog you want - you get the dog you need. :yes: So happy to be able to share your special moments with Remi. This really made me laugh today thinking of defiant little Remi standing up on the table. I can only imagine the look you had at that moment!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Ahhhhh, little butterfly...you are learning how to live life, stopping such serious
pursuits round the clock, taking time to smell the flowers, play and laugh.

And Remi is teaching you!

We do, indeed...get the dog we need.
:yoda: ​GOD has blessed you...enjoy!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That is just too funny, silly little Bully, they will test their limits sometimes won't they?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
My frustration with Remi has taken a turn I never expected. He can be difficult, but usuallly he listens without much question and follows me around. With him though, it's really all or nothing. If he's in a mood, you're not going to get much out of him unless you give him a timeout or start doing obedience training with him and distract him all together. So all in all, his obedience training is going super well, so when he is feeling more ornery, it doesn't impact me as much. But what's really happening is that he makes me laugh. Hysterically. The control freak in me would never have believed this is possible.

Today while we were in my office (which is basically a small spare bedroom), Remi was going nuts and being restless. I knew I had to take him for a walk for sure, but I needed TEN MINUTES to finish what I was doing to get to a stopping point.

He kept jumping on all the furniture. And by jumping I mean, putting his front paws on all the stuff and scratching it all up. On the small black table. On my window. On my desk. Scratching up all my stuff! :bitching::bitching::bitching:

I was being so patient. I should get a gold star or something. It was all, "Remi, sweety, get down." Up until about the 50th time in a 5 minute period. Finally I grabbed Remi by the collar, pulled him down off the black table and looked him square in the eyes and said, "Remi. No. Just give me 10 minutes or else!!"
Well, Remi called my bluff on the "else" part. Not 5 seconds after I let him go, he LEAPT ONTO THE TABLE AND WAS STANDING ON TOP OF IT. !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: The defiance on his face was freakin' priceless!!

I really wanted to be mad, but I just couldn't. It was too funny. I'll tell you what... Remi sure has some balls! Hahaha!

LOL, I can just picture his face of defiance. Just curious, perhaps Remi should be parted with his "balls" to help him calm down? Just wondering if he's already neutered or not?

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Lol....funny you should post this....a few minutes ago I caught Gracie under the couch chewing on the speaker wires. I pulled her out and put her in her crate for a time out. We keep a sheep skin in there for her and she usually lays on it. Well.....to show her displeasure at us she pushed the skin all the way to the front of the crate and is laying in the back of the crate, on the plastic tray, huffing at us. Lol

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Goodness, that must have been so adorable to see.

I am glad that you and little Remi are finding a balance together and enjoying it. :)

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I do feel I should comment; You shouldn't have to tell him to do something more than twice, and certainly not 50 times. I never do get to finish anything. When Winston needs attention, he needs attention, the little biscuit. If he needs redirection, I tell him once. The second time, I make sure I have his attention because his ears only work about half the time. If I have to tell him a third time, it is accompanied by a touch or a water squirt. (I'm lucky, he hates the water bottle and I usually have it handy because of our kitty.) This is just one of my quirks, I guess. Far too often I see screaming kids at a store misbehaving, while Mummy just stands there with "Sweety, stop that. Mummy said stop." repeat ad nauseum while the child continues to be a hazard because he -knows- Mummy won't do anything more than plead in a tired voice.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
.... misbehaving, while Mummy just stands there with "Sweety, stop that. Mummy said stop." repeat ad nauseum while the child continues to be a hazard because he -knows- Mummy won't do anything more than plead in a tired voice.

That in itself is a fun game! "Pushing mama's buttons"! hee hee

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yes the bully stubborness. sarah has shown me her stubborn side all to often but she also makes me laugh hysterially when she flops on her back or gives me that look or paws my arm for attention. i am in the process myself of retraining mama and bully. :2thumbs:

OP
ModernFemme

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Goodness, that must have been so adorable to see.

I am glad that you and little Remi are finding a balance together and enjoying it. :)

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I do feel I should comment; You shouldn't have to tell him to do something more than twice, and certainly not 50 times. I never do get to finish anything. When Winston needs attention, he needs attention, the little biscuit. If he needs redirection, I tell him once. The second time, I make sure I have his attention because his ears only work about half the time. If I have to tell him a third time, it is accompanied by a touch or a water squirt. (I'm lucky, he hates the water bottle and I usually have it handy because of our kitty.) This is just one of my quirks, I guess. Far too often I see screaming kids at a store misbehaving, while Mummy just stands there with "Sweety, stop that. Mummy said stop." repeat ad nauseum while the child continues to be a hazard because he -knows- Mummy won't do anything more than plead in a tired voice.

No worries. What was actually happening is that when I told him to get down, he WOULD. But then 10 seconds later, he'd be back up in another spot. So technically he is listening, but it's like he totally resets! The only way I have found to break him of this is to give him some attention and get him a potty break or a walk. He just gets into one of those moods every so often of this restless angst.

Trust me, no one ignores mama Jane :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.