Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
poor Rita she itches and can't reach it to do anything ... she just keeps bobbing her head and crying or growling in frustration! both of her ears are infected along with all the other things going on with her ... I wish I had a magic wand so I could fix all that has happened!!!!

100_1127.jpg100_1129.jpg100_1130.jpg

she is trying everything possible to rub that cone off, including ramming my legs .... might I add OUCH!! I would take it off but I have seen just how she bends, I've not seen a bulldog that could twist and bend like she does! :eek:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Bless her heart. She'll be healed in no time and forget all about it hopefully. That cone is hideous. :eek: Hope the soft one works perfect for her. :heart:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Maybe a good distraction, work on tricks, a nice walk, or some tug!!! Taking her mind off the fact that the cone is even there!! Poor thing, she'll feel better soon enough :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
That is one gigantic cone on her little body. Poor sweet baby. And the infected ears have got to hurt! I wish you had a magic wand too but you have love, kindness and patience. Powerful magic!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Poor 'lil girl :pouting: Bless you for fostering and caring for her :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you give her anything to help with the itching?

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
JeannieCO is letting us borrow a better cone and I'm sure it will work WAYYYYY better!!

I put medication in her ears and gave them a good rub so she has finally settled down and is sleeping again ... in about an hour I will give her some more pain medicine and then she will do the sideways crab walk for a few minutes, then will be basically asleep for the rest of the night, only time she will wake up is for her 3rd dose of antibiotic and potty break then out for the rest of the night ... the pain medicine really dopes her up!!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Awwwwwwwww. Just remember this is temporary, she will get through this and then go back to her life of luxury hahah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Awww, poor girl. I hope she feels better very very soon! That cone of shame looks so plain... it needs some dressing up! Pink hearts and bones, for Valentines day tomorrow. ^^

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor baby. Ihope she feels better soon:drawheart:

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Meeko got his cone on from his neuter and i 100% agree with the OUCH!!! He too rams into you and boy does it make you want to swear lol!!

I now take the cone off when im with him through the day and just watch him close as he kept walking into and hurtin my skin baby (on accident) and i put it back on at night if we go out and when we cant monitor him closely.

Poor Rita but it will be well worth it to fix the poorly girl and make her feel loved and like a million dollars after.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww...poor angel girl. So glad she's with you now for the care she needs to heal! Can you imagine how maddening it was for her to have these issues and dog parents of didn't give a fat crap? Ugh. Agony. My heart breaks for her. Thank goodness that dogs "move on" MUCH faster than we do.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw poor baby. i know some have trimmed the cone up a bit so its not so big. perhaps you could do that till the other cone gets there. id say the meds will start working on the ears and they wont itch so much. poor thing.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online