Thread: Ellie's new suckle toy

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Default Ellie's new suckle toy

Thought I'd share this with you guys. Ellie LOVES to suckle....so much to the point that she will literally suckle herself to sleep half the time. Well I was down near Atlanta yesterday and stopped in at Petsmart to see if they had anything new that might be Ellie proof. Walked out with a KONG Ballistic that hasn't been that great (Ellie had stitching pulled out within about 30 minutes) and something called a "Plubber." It's a solid piece of rubber wrapped in a plush fabric like fleece. They had several animals, but I got her the pig because the only "loose parts" that would be chewed or ripped off were tiny ears. Anyway, she's been suckling on it off and on since she got it and she hasn't even broken through the fabric. Usually stuffies last about 30 minutes and we're going on day 2 with this guy. Here's a pic of what it looks like.

-plubber-jpg
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ellie's new suckle toy

I had seen those and was wondering how they would hold up.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Hmmmm. Never seen those before. I wonder if they would survive my rip n tear fur-kids???

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Is it large enough that it can't be swallowed whole? Because my Dozer swallows everything.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    Hmmmm. Never seen those before. I wonder if they would survive my rip n tear fur-kids???
    It was only about $8.00, so not a huge investment. But with multiple Bullies, there might be a shorter life span.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikinggirl View Post
    Is it large enough that it can't be swallowed whole? Because my Dozer swallows everything.
    It's around 7" long and 2.5 across at the wide parts at the top and bottom (it's kind of bone shaped....wider at the top and bottom and narrower in the middle).
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

I might have to give that a try. Except for nylabones, we are getting low on doggie toys.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Just an update, but we're 6 days in and this thing is still kicking. It doesn't squeak as much though b/c it has a thick layer of suckling spit at that end...

Remove Ads