Messing the bed

4MissBailey

Oct 12, 2010
VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
I'm having an issue with my 11 month old female English Bulldog. We've had her since she was 8 weeks old but I just can't seem to break her from peeing in her bed. She didn't start it until she was about 4-5 months but nothing I do helps. Other than that, she is completely potty trained. She never pees or poops anywhere in the house unless we give her a bed/blanket to lay on. She's already been checked for bladder infections but nothing is wrong there.
Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Firstly welcome to EBN! (hug)You'll be an expert on bullies in no time!

Maybe she's marking her territory? I know some bullies do that, not sure if they're male or female though. Also, do you put her bed in her crate? Wanted to know because I know others will most likely also ask. Generally, dogs don't usually pee where they commonly sleep.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Unfortunately female dogs do mark but its more of claiming their space. Do you have other dogs? have you recently had a baby or someone knew came into the house? is it the same bedding that she always seems to go on? Usually when a dog is uncomfortable or feels uneasy they will do this. Mr.Beefy peed all over the side of my bed(plastic wrapped still thank GOD) when he first came here because he was very uneasy and felt a little intimidated also he was trying to claim my bed as his. My female Olde(babyJoe) who is now 9mnths started peeing her crate when she was around that age. I dont know why it helped but i started spraying lavender on her blanket and when i washed it and cleaned her crate I would use vinegar. I would also sit with her by the crate for a while just to reassure her that she was ok. After about 2 weeks she stopped.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
If it's in her bed or crate, take it out. Leave her nothing to sleep on in her crate. If you fell she is cold at night, put a blanket over her crate. Try that a few times,and see what happens.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
That is exactly why Vegas does NOT sleep with us, he is 15 months old, 100% housebroke, but the few times I tried to let him sleep with us...he peed in my bed????? It happened about 4 times so no more. He NEVER pees in his crate and loves it, so that is where he will sleep!! I don't have an answer but just wanted you to know he does the same thing.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i think its more him marking his territory than anything. lex did the same thing a few times, after some spankins "nothing bad" he stopped!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
If it's in her bed or crate, take it out. Leave her nothing to sleep on in her crate. If you fell she is cold at night, put a blanket over her crate. Try that a few times,and see what happens.

I completely agree with this. 1 of my bullies (Molly) will pee on a bed/blanket/rug t if you give her one. Once I quit putting it in her bed she stopped. Sometimes she will even go on a rug in the house if she is mad. And it will be a very tiny spot- so you KNOW she did not NEED to even go! Then Yuna and Jesse cannot have one either cuz they will eat it. It makes you feel bad because you want them to be comfortable but then I started to notice when they aren't in their crates they usually sleep on the cool floor anyway! (right next to the AC!)

den1005

Jun 22, 2010
Grand Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dillinger
Have to love this site.......I thought I was the only one with this problem. Dillinger is 5 1/2 months old, he is completely trained and great in his crate, but will pee in the dog bed we have for him in the familyroom. A few days ago my husband let Dillinger in bed with him and sure enough the 1st thing he did was pee. I did take the bed away in the family room and he no longer is allowed on any beds......no issues so far. He was fixed 2 weeks ago and I hope this will help. I will bring the bed out in a couple of weeks to see what happens.

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
OMG spike does the same thing and it started like 3 months ago he is completely potty trained... he will pee on his blanket in his crate or the blanket on the floor and then sleep on it... :[

OP
4MissBailey

4MissBailey

Oct 12, 2010
VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Thanks everyone! She does sleep in her crate so thats where her blankets or beds go. She has been sleeping with nothing the last 2 nights & there has been no accidents. I guess she'll just have to continue with nothing for awhile. It's just so frustrating when she does it because then she lays in it & we have to bathe her constantly.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks everyone! She does sleep in her crate so thats where her blankets or beds go. She has been sleeping with nothing the last 2 nights & there has been no accidents. I guess she'll just have to continue with nothing for awhile. It's just so frustrating when she does it because then she lays in it & we have to bathe her constantly.

Yes, and laying in it can cause hives or skin infections too! No fun for either of you.... don't worry, she will be fine without it.

Jerry

Oct 13, 2010
Fort Worth
Bulldog(s) Names
Brody
Brody would do the same thing. He started bed wetting when he was a pup and has pretty much grown out of it (almost 4) every now and then he will do it.

WIDave

Mar 30, 2011
Milwaukee WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That is exactly why Vegas does NOT sleep with us, he is 15 months old, 100% housebroke, but the few times I tried to let him sleep with us...he peed in my bed????? It happened about 4 times so no more. He NEVER pees in his crate and loves it, so that is where he will sleep!! I don't have an answer but just wanted you to know he does the same thing.

I am having this exact issue. Only my bed not his. Thats how I found this post using search. He is now banned from our bed but is fine everywhere else. He would be so spoiled if he would have not done it lol

Last edited:

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
our boys used to do it also. they no longer do it but it. i learned my lesson with dog beds...jameson would pee on any new one he got. so all the beds went up and out of reach until they learned that was a no no. they both are allowed bed access and couch access and have beds on the floor and we no longer have issues.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.