Yellowish tint under fur

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I'm noticing more and more that Luca has a yellowish tint under the white fur on his head As aposed to the pinkish tint he usually has. Doesn't seem to bother him. This happen to anyone else?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I think white furred dogs are just more prone to it, or it's maybe because they are white that we see it more. My Blossom has mostly white fur, and she used to have a slight yellow tinge to her fur, but that went away when I started using apple cider vinegar and water as a final rinse after their baths, I also find that they stay fresher smelling in between their baths as well.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] This was happening to duchess as well, did an acv rinse after bath yesterday. Does it take a few rinses for the rinse to work? Kinda like when cleaning tear stains? I didn't immediately notice a difference?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have this problem with Jack, my non bully. He's almost all white and he gets real yellow on his forehead. I finally had to buy some of that purple whitening shampoo. Worked pretty good.

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I think white furred dogs are just more prone to it, or it's maybe because they are white that we see it more. My Blossom has mostly white fur, and she used to have a slight yellow tinge to her fur, but that went away when I started using apple cider vinegar and water as a final rinse after their baths, I also find that they stay fresher smelling in between their baths as well.

How often do you bathe your bully? After about 6 weeks he starts to smell a bit funky. Do they smell like vinegar after the bath?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I bath my guys every 2 weeks, usually on the weekend, and I find that when I use the apple cider vinegar rinse ( I first shampoo them with tearless puppy shampoo from Petsmart, with chamomile and oatmeal, then I rinse them very well, I have a hand held shower head, so it's very easy to rinse them , and as a final rinse I use about 1/4 cup vinegar mixed with about 3 cups of warm water and I pour it on their fur, and leave it on. When you first put the vinegar on, it does smell a little vinegary, but when you towel dry them, it does dissipate , and you can't smell it anymore once they are dry. I find that they actually stay fresher smelling in between their baths, and the vinegar makes their fur really bright and soft.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Luca is getting a bath Sunday. Ill try the apple vinigar. Thank you everyone

Most Reactions