Cone of Shame ....

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She seems like she is taking it all in stride without too much stress. She looks happy to be there. What a sweet girl! I bet she will find her furever home quickly.

If my pup had to wear a cone, he'd be traumatized for life as would my house, as he would be knocking everything over and then running in fear as things came tumbling down :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I myself would take it off. When our females have a C-section or spayed, we never use the cone as they can not reach the stitches. Our vet doesn't even give us one or tell us to use it. Poor girl has been through so much and bless you for taking her in and showing her the love she deserves.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I myself would take it off. When our females have a C-section or spayed, we never use the cone as they can not reach the stitches. Our vet doesn't even give us one or tell us to use it. Poor girl has been through so much and bless you for taking her in and showing her the love she deserves.

unfortunately I was told she has to keep it on because she can reach her stitches ... she is so skinny and so under weight she can bend like most can't :( but we are lucky, JeannieCO is going to let us borrow a different type of surgery collar :)

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Oh Leesa! She is such a sweetie. I just want to scoop her up and hug her, cone and all. I would be so sad for her but I know that she is now loved and cared for and her future looks just awesome. The bad stuff is no more and she is so lucky to be with you. Hugs to you, and all your blessed Bullies! You continue to inspire me.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Oh Leesa! She is such a sweetie. I just want to scoop her up and hug her, cone and all. I would be so sad for her but I know that she is now loved and cared for and her future looks just awesome. The bad stuff is no more and she is so lucky to be with you. Hugs to you, and all your blessed Bullies! You continue to inspire me.

For all that this little girl has been through she is amazingly sweet and eager to please ... she is basically stitches from head to toe :(

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Ekk that looks worse then the cone of shame... Looks like it would make a great chew toy after use :p

if they aren't going to be running/chewing through bushes, with strong heavy branches, I would highly recommend the tube. They are a lot more comfortable. Joy managed to rip the cover to pieces, and pop the tube, chewing her way through a whole row of bushes. She wanted a tunnel next to the fence so she could run back and forth playing with the neighbors dog. I think it was all her as I am sure my little angel Rudy didn't help at all LOL.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
if they aren't going to be running/chewing through bushes, with strong heavy branches, I would highly recommend the tube. They are a lot more comfortable. Joy managed to rip the cover to pieces, and pop the tube, chewing her way through a whole row of bushes. She wanted a tunnel next to the fence so she could run back and forth playing with the neighbors dog. I think it was all her as I am sure my little angel Rudy didn't help at all LOL.

She had multiple surgeries, to fix a whole host of things that were wrong so she is on strict doctors orders, she can't even go outside by herself she has to be walked out on a leash for potty trips only until all the stitches are removed then they will let her have a little more freedom.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
She had multiple surgeries, to fix a whole host of things that were wrong so she is on strict doctors orders, she can't even go outside by herself she has to be walked out on a leash for potty trips only until all the stitches are removed then they will let her have a little more freedom.

Hope she feels better soon. Mimi (RIP) had at least 5 eye surgeries and spent a lot of time in a cone. She even took out a very large possum while wearing a cone. Wish the tube cones were available back then. Even with all of the surgeries and misc. vet visits she used to drag me into the vets office, bulldog butt wiggling like crazy, to visit all of the staff. Bulldogs are amazing dogs and seem to be able to handle a lot and still be happy pooches.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
What amazes me is that no matter how terrible people treat a dog and the evil things they do to them they are always forgiving and willing to give people their love. this sweet girl is still so sweet even though the monster that bred her gave her a "home job c-section" and let her tail pocket get so infected and swollen that the tip of her tail had grown into her butt! those are just 2 of the surgical repairs that needed to be done on her and yet she shows me nothing but love and appreciation. dogs are 100% amazing to me!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
What amazes me is that no matter how terrible people treat a dog and the evil things they do to them they are always forgiving and willing to give people their love. this sweet girl is still so sweet even though the monster that bred her gave her a "home job c-section" and let her tail pocket get so infected and swollen that the tip of her tail had grown into her butt! those are just 2 of the surgical repairs that needed to be done on her and yet she shows me nothing but love and appreciation. dogs are 100% amazing to me!!
This breaks my heart. I can help but cry. I know she is going to be fine and you are the best person to come into her little life but I can't help but rage against these selfish evil monsters. So much pain. So much heartbreak. You are my hero.

OP
bulldogs4me

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
This breaks my heart. I can help but cry. I know she is going to be fine and you are the best person to come into her little life but I can't help but rage against these selfish evil monsters. So much pain. So much heartbreak. You are my hero.

I am in no way a hero I am simply paying if forward ... I have 2 beautiful & healthy bulldogs so when I have the chance to help a bulldog that hasn't been treated the way it should have been I try to pay if forward and give them a new and better start to the rest of their life that's all ... but I am right there with you on the heart break for any and all dogs that have been abused, it really breaks my heart!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Super big hugs to you and her..... thanks for taking care of her

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.