First Time Puppy (and dog) Owner. My Thoughts.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The bloody lip, toes, fingers, punctured arms and legs that you seem to think is ā€œplayingā€ is teaching me extreme patience. :pray2:
The ripped sweaters and pants have taught me that all Iā€™ll be wearing for a long time are cheap sweats.
The crying, whining and finally barking when all else fails has taught me headphones are my friend. :ashamed:
Me chasing you like a crazy woman trying to put drops in your ears (5 in each twice daily.. oh joy) for your yeast infection is giving me quite the work out.
You eat and drink like a slob. I have kibble all over my rug, and canā€™t decide half the time if you peed, or that was water that dribbled from your mighty little jowls. :cursing:
The pee and poo.. OMG THE PEE AND POO!! Al I do is clean It up! Also, while you seem to have mastered where to poo, the proper place to pee still eludes you. Yes, yes, patience, patience. :cursing:

Then thereā€™s the worrying. As Iā€™m a new bully mama, so every crack, extra poop, makes me nervous. Half my time is spent doing searches on EBN. At least many of my fears have been alleviated thanks to this forum. :clap2:

BUT- even with all of the above, those moments when you fall asleep on my lap, or wake up because you hear me the leave the room and go searching for you mama put the biggest smile on my face. :angelheart:

I do think if we ever decide to get a second dog it will be a rescue next time around. Puppies are a ton of work, and without even realizing you rearrange your entire life to suit their needs. It is a full time commitment that I can not say we were totally ready for.
However, neither hubby nor I would ever give Blue up. Heā€™s become a part of our lives- The Good, The Bad, and The Smelly (terribly smelly). :eek:

Last edited:

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Everything you stated is exactly what my hubby and I have experienced with our first dog and puppy together. While I had researched and thought I knew all of the time and commitments, it never truly prepared me for how my life would change when we brought 8 week old Rumble to live with us. But like you said through everything I would not have it any other way!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
thank you for the smile this post brought to my face!!!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Wonderful post! Made me smile after picking up poop and cleaning up the pee. He is determined to pee and poop everywhere but the potty pads even tho I take him out every 30 minutes :hissy:.

But when I see him excited wiggling his wrinkled butt it makes all the cleaning and puncture wounds on my hands and feet worth it :luv:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.