Keeping your bulldog active???

Drake

Mar 12, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Hello,

It's winter here in Kentucky and we are all suffering from cabin fever. What are some of the things you do to keep your bulldog in shape?

Neal

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
We play fetch...in the house...maybe I'm not the best to be giving advice lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..I live in Souhern California so usually our winters aren't anything. This year has been cold..but we play ball in the house too! Jake has learned just how that ball bounces off walls and windows in order to catch it on the run!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
We play ball in the basement, run up and down the stairs, we play sorta fetch with stuffies, and we will go to stores and walk laps usually pet stores but I ask if other ones will let him in, many do as long as he's well behaved!! (5below and bed bath&beyond are good about it)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
How about playing Hide and Seek inside? I do that w/my boys and i have to admit, I have fun myself :)

I make them sit and stay in a particular room, like the living room; then I go into the bedroom, hide behind a door, then yell for them to "come". They come running in the room and I'll make noises to give them hints as to where I am or sometimes they find me right away. Not particularly physically active but it's a mentally stimulating activity, I think!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We do the stairs too. We throw Angus' soccer ball up the stairs - if we get it just right, the ball will fly up the stairs high enough that Angus can't grab it from the air, then it will bounce off the wall at the top of the stairs and fly right back down. Angus would go speeding up the stairs and the ball would fly over his head after bouncing off the wall and he would do this flip and come running right back down and slide off the floor on the bottom straight into the couch... lol. And if he gets his timing just right, by the time he smashes into the couch, he would have grabbed a piece of the ball in his mouth. His expression of pure joy is priceless. LOL! It is super duper hard to get this timed just right so we do this over and over to try to get it just right but then Angus would be soooo tired he'd crawl up the stairs.

Bullie is a lazy princess - she'll run after her squeaky toy for 5 minutes and she's done.

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We play with balls in the house, but we still go for our walks in the morning and evening, even in the cold, they have sweaters for the milder days, and they have winter coats for colder days. They like the snow, we just don't go out for as long, usually no more than 15 mins. And on milder days, we let them have a run at the park.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Debo loves his treadmill, he likes to go sledding in the snow, we still go for walks, & play tug-a-war indoors.

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Penelope highly recomends getting another bulldog. Since her brother came to live with us three weeks ago, every day is full of wrestling, chasing, playing , wrestling, chasing, playing. They are well-exercised every day no matter how much walking weather permits :) and sleep like little angels too.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Penelope highly recomends getting another bulldog. Since her brother came to live with us three weeks ago, every day is full of wrestling, chasing, playing , wrestling, chasing, playing. They are well-exercised every day no matter how much walking weather permits :) and sleep like little angels too.

Great idea!!!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I still take Gio and my frenchie Diva on a walk through the woods everyday, if its cold I will put a fleece on them, they run around and play with other dogs which really tires them out! We did just get about 28 inches of snow here so I resorted to making them a "snow maze" in the yard....I just plowed a bunch of paths for them and they are having a ball! My neighbor has brought her pit bull over the past two days and they all have been running around chasing each other, I think the best exercise for them is playing with other dogs! Cabin fever really sets in for us during the summer, it's too hot to take them outside, it's the worst!

But with my older bullie, Princess, I just have her chase her toys to get a little bit of exercise. She's not a fan of the outdoors or walking! Lol!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I still take Gio and my frenchie Diva on a walk through the woods everyday, if its cold I will put a fleece on them, they run around and play with other dogs which really tires them out! We did just get about 28 inches of snow here so I resorted to making them a "snow maze" in the yard....I just plowed a bunch of paths for them and they are having a ball! My neighbor has brought her pit bull over the past two days and they all have been running around chasing each other, I think the best exercise for them is playing with other dogs! Cabin fever really sets in for us during the summer, it's too hot to take them outside, it's the worst!

But with my older bullie, Princess, I just have her chase her toys to get a little bit of exercise. She's not a fan of the outdoors or walking! Lol!

That's awesome!

Even though its cold and snowy...we try to get out as much as possible...usually drive to a place we can walk where I know there isn't any salt....Schultz loves the cold ...I'm the one who's usually done first...lol

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
We usually do tricks to keep Tilly stimulated when it's cold or wet or something.

She just learned how to play dead - it's the cutest!! We shoot her and go "BANG BANG", and she rolls over onto her side... omg. I love it!

She also knows wave, high-five, shake, spin, touch (with her paw), the basics like sit, lay, stay, wait... hmmm.... I think that's all. This week we're working on back up! We also tried to learn roll over but she kept getting stuck on her back like a turtle...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.