Thread: Keeping your bulldog active???

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcraven2 View Post
    I still take Gio and my frenchie Diva on a walk through the woods everyday, if its cold I will put a fleece on them, they run around and play with other dogs which really tires them out! We did just get about 28 inches of snow here so I resorted to making them a "snow maze" in the yard....I just plowed a bunch of paths for them and they are having a ball! My neighbor has brought her pit bull over the past two days and they all have been running around chasing each other, I think the best exercise for them is playing with other dogs! Cabin fever really sets in for us during the summer, it's too hot to take them outside, it's the worst!

But with my older bullie, Princess, I just have her chase her toys to get a little bit of exercise. She's not a fan of the outdoors or walking! Lol!
    That's awesome!

Even though its cold and snowy...we try to get out as much as possible...usually drive to a place we can walk where I know there isn't any salt....Schultz loves the cold ...I'm the one who's usually done first...lol

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Keeping your bulldog active???

We usually do tricks to keep Tilly stimulated when it's cold or wet or something.

She just learned how to play dead - it's the cutest!! We shoot her and go "BANG BANG", and she rolls over onto her side... omg. I love it!

She also knows wave, high-five, shake, spin, touch (with her paw), the basics like sit, lay, stay, wait... hmmm.... I think that's all. This week we're working on back up! We also tried to learn roll over but she kept getting stuck on her back like a turtle...

Real Name
    Tiffany
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    We also tried to learn roll over but she kept getting stuck on her back like a turtle...
    ROFL Rumble has the same problem!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Hello,

It's winter here in Kentucky and we are all suffering from cabin fever. What are some of the things you do to keep your bulldog in shape?

Neal
    @JeannieCO pushes hers down flights of stairs... sort of like Bootcamp for bullies.....
    -jack-jpg

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffykay06 View Post
    ROFL Rumble has the same problem!
    Haha, right? We decided it's not probably not great for her joints to practice over and over since she kept getting stuck.

She also has the problem with high-five and anything involved paws where her little arms are like a T-Rex's and she can't reach very high... hahaha

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by hnhammond View Post
    We usually do tricks to keep Tilly stimulated when it's cold or wet or something.

She just learned how to play dead - it's the cutest!! We shoot her and go "BANG BANG", and she rolls over onto her side... omg. I love it!

She also knows wave, high-five, shake, spin, touch (with her paw), the basics like sit, lay, stay, wait... hmmm.... I think that's all. This week we're working on back up! We also tried to learn roll over but she kept getting stuck on her back like a turtle...
    And some people say Bullies aren't smart!

Thanks everyone for the great ideas... I want to keep Oliver aka bulldog at the top of his game

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    @JeannieCO pushes hers down flights of stairs... sort of like Bootcamp for bullies.....
    Don't listen to him Neal, he can't be trusted, but then again he wears green shoes and talks a big talk about strapping bully bobbleheads to the back of a harley.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And some people say Bullies aren't smart!

Thanks everyone for the great ideas... I want to keep Oliver aka bulldog at the top of his game
    I've been trained to give treats, roll on my back to play, scratch bulldog rears and ears, carry my Bulldogs to bed and all kinds of bulldog tricks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads