dogs allergic to cats????

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I just stumbled across something that said dogs can be allergic to cats, though I don't know how much I trust it since it was a site promoting their own product to solve the issue.

Can a dog really be allergic to a cat??? What if that is the issue with Mack! All these food changes might be futile....ooooy I don't even want to think about it!

Any of you who have had allergy screening performed found out your pup is allergic to other animals???

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I've never heard of any animals being allergic to other animals, but bullies have many allergy problems, and are sensitive to a lot of other things including environmental factors, so I guess it could be possible. The only way to tell for sure would be to have allergy tests done. Maybe someone else on here has some experience with this and can offer some answers.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=6215]Noyes27[/MENTION] - I have a friend who has a bulldog that had the allergy testing done on and Layla (her bulldog) is allergic to human dander so I'm guessing it could be possible for a dog to be allergic to a cats dander.

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
[MENTION=6215]Noyes27[/MENTION] - I have a friend who has a bulldog that had the allergy testing done on and Layla (her bulldog) is allergic to human dander so I'm guessing it could be possible for a dog to be allergic to a cats dander.

Omg that is craaaazy, I guess in that situation daily benadryl is the answer! Hopefully the switch to fromm beef n vegg will be all mack needed

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Omg that is craaaazy, I guess in that situation daily benadryl is the answer! Hopefully the switch to fromm beef n vegg will be all mack needed

she has to clean daily and bought a dehumidifier poor Layla has lots of allergies and has to receive allergy shots along with with all the cleaning her human Kayla does

OP
Noyes27

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
she has to clean daily and bought a dehumidifier poor Layla has lots of allergies and has to receive allergy shots along with with all the cleaning her human Kayla does

That is so sad! For the doggie and the constantly cleaning human! Her house must be immaculate, I guess she never had to straighten bc the in laws are coming!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
That is so sad! For the doggie and the constantly cleaning human! Her house must be immaculate, I guess she never had to straighten bc the in laws are coming!

she is a clean freak so the daily cleaning isn't anything new, but she does wash Layla's beds more often and her furniture was changed to leather to be able to clean it easier and the dehumidifier was something she wouldn't have if not better for Layla.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.