OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I appreciate everyone's comments & thoughts. I know the problem is me. I need to relax, be positive & know all will be fine. Having said that, I never accomplish it. I call twice a day & text, then count the hours till I can get home to him. I guess I need to work on myself. I just love him so much.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I appreciate everyone's comments & thoughts. I know the problem is me. I need to relax, be positive & know all will be fine. Having said that, I never accomplish it. I call twice a day & text, then count the hours till I can get home to him. I guess I need to work on myself. I just love him so much.

I am the exact same way, I plan my life around Otis - because I am away at work during the week I hate to be away from him on the weekend so I tend to not plan anything and stay home - same thing when I get home from work - it's all "The Otis Show" - I leave for work somethimes almost in tears. I too, do not know what to do about it, I just love him oh so much, so I feel your pain.

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
OMG! Others really do exist, this site is amazing. Same here, no going out after work, hate if I have an obligation on the weekend. It's all about him since the day he arrived. I don't have children, he is my son.
:D

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
OMG! Others really do exist, this site is amazing. Same here, no going out after work, hate if I have an obligation on the weekend. It's all about him since the day he arrived. I don't have children, he is my son.

Yes, misery loves company ... and we're all here! :D Another way that some of us monitor our babies when we're out is by installing cameras that we can view via our phones / computer. They're great! Sets your mind at ease.

A few of us here don't have kids too ... so our bullies are our kids. Heck, even the ones that have skin kids treat their fur-kids like they are skin-kids. We love them all the same. :heart:

Last edited:
OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Yes, misery loves company ... and we're all here! :D Another way that some of us monitor our babies when we're out is by installing cameras that we can view via our phones / computer. They're great! Sets your mind at ease.

A few of us here don't have kids too ... so our bullies are our kids. Heck, even the ones that have skin kids treat their fur-kids like they are skin-kids. We love them all the same. :heart:

I thought of cameras too. I'm afraid I will watch him obsessively. Maybe I should, maybe it will relax me to see him.

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I know you said he doesn't get along with other dogs....and this might be out of the relm of what you feel like doing but what about a puppy?

Most adult dogs will cut a puppy some slack because they understand that they are young and fragile. If your bully could bond with another dog maybe that would take some of the dependency off of you?

Had spoke to my vet about this (2 years ago), a buddy to keep him company while I'm at work. Vet said absolutely not! Max would kill it. Very insecure & frightened (due to deafness), very spoiled (due to mommy & daddy). :confused:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I wish I could help but if it were me I would have a hard time leaving as well. Thankfully mine are happy to be spoiled while we leave. I would do the rv vacation and bring him with. Tis way you can relax and enjoy the trip knowing he is ok. They also make pet friendly hotels, maybe do vacations around him and where he is allowed.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
A Lot of good suggestions here. One or two days here and there, Another pooch, take Him with you. When we first left Mimi with my mother in law, she didn't didn't eat for days. After a few trips she learned we Would eventually come home. my wife would talk to her over the phone. She usually liked it best if she could stay at home even if she was alone most of the day. Of course if we were loading up the camper she was climbing through the door so she wouldn't be left behind. Also she didn't do well with other dogs (way too aggressive) but she did readily accept two puppies over her lifetime.

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur

I am exactly the same!

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
I don't usually recommend meds, but there's this homeopathic one that are given to pets that get stressed ... bach's rescue remedy, I believe. But let me know if you're interested and I can check for you before you try it. I know a friend who gives it to her dogs if they're stressed from some sort of trauma, emotional or physical.

Thank you that would be great.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I love taking vacations and we rarely ever go anywhere that we can take Jackson (NYC, cruises, the caribbean, etc...). You and your husband definitely need to continue to take vacations to bond, strengthen your marriage, renew/refresh, and just have fun!

I would suggest getting a calming collar. The woman that runs our bulldog rescue here uses them on some of her rescues and it works great.

OP
Lulu belle

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Do you know where I can get one? Is there a particular brand? Should I ask my vet?

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Thank you! I feel so normal (for the first time in 6 years) LOL.

Now that we have our new resuce, it just makes everything twice as tough to go anywhere.... We bring them with us or we dont' go, but that is not to say that everyone should do do the same thing. Find something that works for you and your family. My vet recommends "Composure" treats and they really do work. I would start giving them to him a few days before your trip to see how he reacts. They are Homeopathic. My Dubbie is allergic to everything and they work great for her.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Now that we have our new resuce, it just makes everything twice as tough to go anywhere.... We bring them with us or we dont' go, but that is not to say that everyone should do do the same thing. Find something that works for you and your family. My vet recommends "Composure" treats and they really do work. I would start giving them to him a few days before your trip to see how he reacts. They are Homeopathic. My Dubbie is allergic to everything and they work great for her.

that pic is them with us on our 25th Wedding Anniversary......Had a ball...

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online